YJ Tub Swap Saga - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YJ Tub Swap Saga

Well the saga goes on as I finally received my POR15 today. I ordered it over a week ago and the UPS sent it to New Jersey and then back to St Louis where it has sat for a few days. I had almost given up on it yesterday when I set the YJ Tub on for a trial fit. Every thing looks good. Just as everyone else has had to do the rear mounts on the cross member will have to be "wollared" out and the two by the roll bar don't line up! Not sure what I am going to do with them. Don't really want to have to move them so I may just run bolts through them up through the floor of the jeep and secure that way. Tonight instead of taking the body back off I raised up the back and the front and slipped a 4x4 board under each end. I then proceeded to paint the frame from the firewall back. And yes it would have been a easier to do with the body all the way off but I put it on by myself and didn't really feel like putting doing it again. One word of advice...POR15 is some sticky [censored]!!! It seems to really adhear to the cleaned up frame. My frame had most of the black coating from the factory on it. I just buffed the whole thing paying close attention to the rusty areas around welds, holes, etc... I ordered a set of Energy Suspension Bushings from Summit tonight so hopefully this weekend I will be able to mount it down solid. I do have one body mount bolt to drill out in the mean time and the gas filler to relocate. That's about it for now!!!

David
Missouri

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: YJ Tub Swap Saga

i am starting my swap this weekend. i have mixed feelings about it- i cant wait to get it done, but dread starting.

77 cj5 sorta, V8, 4"lift, 33's, lotsa miss'n metal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode