My name is utahjeepr and I'm a Hammerholic(w/pics) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 08:59 PM
utahjeepr

My name is utahjeepr and I\'m a Hammerholic(w/pics)

I made my first trip out to run the hammers 6 weeks ago. I have been out there twice more since then, most recently this past weekend. I have run Sledge (2x), Claw, Aftershock, Outerlimits, Big Johnson, and Sunbonnet (don't be fooled by the name, it is a memorial to a deceased 4wheller of the female persuasion, it was her CB handle). I can't get enough! If i could have afforded/had time for the work required to repair the weaknesses found on each trip and been able to find someone to run with I would have gone 6 times in six weeks. I'd run next weekend if I could find someone to run with. Hell i'd quit my job and run tommorrow. I need help!

72 CJ-5: 305 Chevy; SM420; D-300; 30/44 with 5.38's, Warn axles, and Detroits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 09:30 PM
sas87yj

Re: My name is utahjeepr and I\'m a Hammerholic

you been had!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
yeah you are in need of a fix. i too have the itch to get-out every weekend. i have never been to johnson valley with my jeep but with scooters- yes. many a desert race in lucerne valley. hare and hound type. too old now for that. will do the jeep thing now. if i was there in cal and you could cope with a surveyor[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i would like to wheel with you. probably not with my little 30's though. haven't graduated to the 33's yet. save some rocks for me.

steve

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 09:42 PM

Amae, brotha Utah.
I am also a hammerholic, so you are amongst fellow addicts.
I try to get down there at least once a month.
My favorites trails are, Jack and Wrecking ball, but sledge is right up there, and I love to run Claw at night.
W e will have to meet up out there iin the near future. I havent been there since I swapped in the V8 .

Jeff
89 YJ
"I hope someone got a picture of that"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 10:27 PM
utahjeepr

H8, would love to. I have yet to run Jack or Wrecking Ball. The guy I who leads the runs I make keeps threatening me with Jack backwards, says that I'll really "enjoy" it in my 5. According to him running reverse direction on Jack can really "get your attention, especially in a shorter wheelbase". I think I'd rather "enjoy" it forward first! His driving skill is equalled only by his lack of fear. You would have had to have been there when he took a line on sledge and someone asked if we HAD to go that way. When he replied "No, the trail goes to the left", a perceptable air of relief passed down the group despite his beautiful driving over what really appeared to be an impassable obstacle.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 11:42 PM
utahjeepr

Pics of Saturday's sledge run are at http://www.justaddrocks.com/sledge_hammer_5-12-01.htm. Mine is the red/orange 5 without a winch, donations gladly accepted. He also has lots of cool picture albums of other runs at JV and elsewhere, they just aren't quite as cool 'cause I'm not in 'em. ;-)

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 01:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

You guys are so lucky to have rocks out your back door! All we have around here is mud, woods, and a few hill climbs.
Those pic's were so cool I had to post my favorite below.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, Almost ready for paint.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 03:33 AM
scram

First time to that site thats a nice site with some cool pics. glad i have dsl SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 06:45 AM

Great pics man.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Sounds like you are having too much fun. I think it's getting time for a full cage though. Gotta be safe if your gonna play in the tough stuff.

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
"Get your finger outta there"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode