YYYEEEEHHHHHAAAA York is in!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

YYYEEEEHHHHHAAAA York is in!!!!

I got the York installed in my CJ5 on the 304 without the needed brackets (modified mine old ones) and man does this thing pump! I filled a 7 gallon tank to 120psi in under a minute at ~1000 RPMs!!!!! Man I love this thing. We had a guest over tonight and I got the air working around 11pm. Well, we were looking at pumping the extra mattress by hand...no more. Two trips to the jeep with the 7 gallon tank and its done...with air to spare.

Now I can't wait to finish the manifold and pressure switch! I just can't contain the excitment...my wife is laughing at me because I'm looking for stuff to use my new air supply on!!!!

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 12:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: YYYEEEEHHHHHAAAA York is in!!!!

Do you have any pets? See if they'll suck down some air! Hehehe...j/k. That's awesome you got it working! I'm the same way when I get something new or get something working. I want to use it real bad!!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]Eat, Sleep, JEEP[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s w/Detroits and 4.56s soon to go SOA
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 01:23 AM

Re: YYYEEEEHHHHHAAAA York is in!!!!

I wheeled with mine today. The ARB compressor, got 86'd last night, so I had to finish the manifold and complete the system this morning, or I had no front locker.
The whole system worked great. Its less than a minute to fill the 6 gallon tank. The York at 2000 rpms with a 6" ,(actually a 5 3/4") pulley, puts out more air than my CO2 bottles, wide open, (and no air chuck freeze up to worry about). I used the system to change atire before wheelin today also, and my impact wrench loves it, its like working with a full on shop compressor.
The best thing is though, that I have no detectable leaks throughout the system. I spent way more time fabricating the set up than I would have ever thought, it would take, but it didnt cycle, one time all day while on trail(my pressure switch is set at 95 psi(on) and 135 psi(off) ),(I probably activated the ARB, maybe 10 times). It filled a set of 36" SSR swampers from 4 lbs to 30 lbs in about 2 minutes each
It helped the fabrication process of the manifold and gauges, that I had my brother bring me up a box of stainless hoses and AN fittings from my old drag boat days, but I still couldnt find a vendor in the area that carried aluminum manifolds, so I had to fab them from scratch.
Here is a pic of the finished system. I dont know when or how my engine compartment became a show Jeep, but I kinda like it.

Jeff
89 YJ
"I hope someone got a picture of that"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode