broken arrow sedona az - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 06:52 PM
sas87yj

broken arrow sedona az

went on a weekend trip and hit the broken arrow 4wd trail in sedona. again sorry for the cheap digital pics but you can get the jist. the trail was easy- a stocker would do fine. too many "pink jeep" tour rigs for me. it is basically for them anyway- big money deal![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] took the wife there as sedona is one of her favorites! happy mother's day![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 07:52 PM

Re: broken arrow sedona az

Looks like fun, Steve. That trail's only 40 minutes from my house. I need to do that one day.

'86 CJ-7, 360, TFI, 727, OEM Dana 44 rear w/Truetrac, Dana 30 w/Powertrax No-Slip, 4" Superlift, 4:11s, Warn HS9500i
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 08:18 PM
sas87yj

bill-
a flag resident? yeah i think i remember you were talking of this place last week? i saw the sign and went on up.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] it's a cool little trail and the scenery is great. again though don't get your hopes up on a secluded 3.5 outing. i feel like i am on a disneyland ride with all the tour jeeps there and the fact that it is basically for them and a dead-end one-way kinda deal. check it out anyway for kicks and grins.

steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 11:58 PM
tdog90yj

yeah but for all the pink jeeps its pretty crazy to see them do that with 6 or 7 people in there. By the way Sas it looks like you are carrying 2 spares. How did you mount that second one to the roll bar. is it a 33? Anyhow the pics look good to me. Ive made that run many a time

Travis
90 YJ I6 258 4.0 head conversion 4"lift 33's & lots of other goodies
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 05:16 AM
sas87yj

yo travis-
yeah they do tote some folks![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i saw a couple yj's and a couple tj's. one yj i got a closer look to see a rancho lift, well rancho shocks and some kind of lift- non-stock springs and shackles. i'd still rather be in death valley on some lonely desolate trail![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
yeah the 2nd spare came along as more insurance on the said lonely-desolate trail where two flats at once have happened. it is a stock tire and rim- no 33". the other spare on tailgate is a matching rim and tire- only using 30" currently. still have good rubber and haven't decided what size i am going to move up to. sure i can fit 33's with the 4.5" lift but that would be the limit. i already took the 1" body lift off and will not put back on.
oh yeah the 2nd spare is just tie-down strapped to the roll bar with 3 tie-downs. goot-n-tight! it's not going anywhere- been trail tested many times.

steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode