Off Roading Forums banner

She's Dead, temporarily

323 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  85Jeepny 
G
#1 ·
She\'s Dead, temporarily

You read it correct. The 85 has just died last night. I drove her home and parked, I was getting ready to pull her into the garage when a barage of loud noises started to occur. I hopped out quickly and popped open the hood, I had just changed the oil about 2000 miles ago and everything looked good, under the hood it sounded horrible. Before I hopped back in to shut her off she dropped some cylinders and pretty much seized. I checked the oil when she was off and it looked like a milkshake, a very thick one. I had just checked the oil when I last filled up. So last night I spent tearing her down and drinking my sorrows. The only good news is I have a running 360 in the J-10 I just bought. Hmmmm.... now where to start!

G
#2 ·
Re: She\'s Dead, temporarily

Bummer dude/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. I had a meltdown once in an old Jimmy. He went fairly quietly (as quiet as possible at 7000 rpm/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif), but the outy dents in the oil pan were a dead give-away/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

G
#3 ·
Re: She\'s Dead, temporarily

well.. look on the bright side it is going to speed along the AMC360 swap you were looking into.. now your ready to pull the ole engine out....

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.