Looking for scenic trail near Sedona - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 12:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Looking for scenic trail near Sedona

My mom's been wanting to go to Sedona for quite a while and I was planning on taking her there on Sunday for Mother's Day. I'm hoping for a nice scenic trail that'll take a couple hours. Something like what the Jeeps tours run. Any suggestions? Thanks
Travis

If I don't make it, avenge my death.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 06:45 AM
sas87yj

Re: Looking for scenic trail near Sedona

i've been on a 4wd trail but forget the name of the road you take to get there![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i remember it is on the north side of town and i just happened to stumble on to it. you go north on a paved road through homes and then there it was- a trail used by the jeep tours as we saw them on it. it's kind of "phoney" and i didn't get into it- too commercial. i would recommend the schlebly road trip which goes from sedona east and ends up on I-17. although not 4wd it is very scenic. it starts on the south end of town as if coming from phoenix. you are in town at at a hard bend in road you will see the sign.

steve

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 06:54 AM
sas87yj

pretty sure it is up coffeepot rock road. see map and also shows schnebly.http://www.sedonaadventures.com/map_sed.html

steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 07:34 AM

Schnebley Hill is a nice drive. It varies in roughness with the time of year, due to the runoff. It IS senic, though.
Broken Arrow is a jeep trail that's used a lot by the tours.
From the 3-way light near downtown, head south toward I-17. You'll go past the Schnebley Hill turn off. You're looking for a small, wodden sign on the east side of the road that says "Broken Arrow". It goes through a residential area and then hits the trail. It's a lot of fun.

'86 CJ-7, 360, TFI, 727, OEM Dana 44 rear w/Truetrac, Dana 30 w/Powertrax No-Slip, 4" Superlift, 4:11s, Warn HS9500i
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 09:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the help, looks like the Broken arrow trail is the one depending on weather. I hope it's a nice day. I hope there's at least a few rocks so my Mom will finally understand why I put those weird pipe things under my doors.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks again
Travis

If I don't make it, avenge my death.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode