Where to get hose for ARB?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Where to get hose for ARB??

Well.... my ARB's hose went up against my exhaust. Now I'm looking for a replacement. 4wd has stainless but only in two lengths 8'(too short) and 14'(too long). I was just wanting the stock blue hose that comes with my locker. Any suggestions?

I know it's metric, are there any hoses that I can swap instead?

DREW
IN2DEEP <font color=red>78 CJ5</font color=red> <font color=blue>302 FORD </font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] <font color=red> T176/D300 REAR ARB 35" BFGS </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Where to get hose for ARB??

Man that pisses me off, I just wrote you a long response and went to get a site's address to include and when I returned...blank reply box, well, here it goes again.

If you have a Parker store near you, they sell flexible nylon tubing (same as ARB blue line) and others like polyethylene and polyurethane. I am switching to 1/4" OD polyurethane. I just got some at .32/ft, with fittings to change over at about 2.50 each. www.parker.com/pneumatic

I am using a manual/mechanical pneumatic valve though.

BTW, the fitting on the bulkhead, (called 'center compression') is 3/8-24, the same as 3/16" fittings. This info is straight from ARB, and I confirmed it with the fittings. it is not BSP like commonly believed.
The fittings on the solenoid are 1/8" BSPP, like stated in the ARB directions.

So, you can switch over to 1/4" OD (or something else that's more common than the 5mm OD that the blue line is) by using a 3/16" compression fitting with the compression nut sleeve taken of (this will also have the internal flare to hold the compression sleeve in the bulkhead for the copper tube)and screwing this directly ino the bulkhead fitting. The other end of this one fitting can go to 1/8" NPT or 1/4" NPT etc., then you can go to a compression or push-in type for common OD tubing with another fitting, so you'd be adding one adapter fitting here.

Another place (online even) for tubing is here:
http://www.pneumadyne.com/index.cfm

I am not sure if they have a minimum length to order online, but they do list their distributors too.

Good Luck,

Charly

You say tomato, I say fawk you.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

ALLLLRIIIIIGHT!!!! Score one for Charly!!! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anything for it!! You just may have saved my Memorial weekend!!

I'll get right on it, just as soon as I get back from Kentucky!!

Thanks again...

DREW
IN2DEEP <font color=red>78 CJ5</font color=red> <font color=blue>302 FORD </font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] <font color=red> T176/D300 REAR ARB 35" BFGS </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 11:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Another option is 3/16" OD tubing. It will work with the fittings you have perfectly. I have the original 5mm tubing with 3/16" push to connect fittings on my pneumatic switches. The difference between 5mm and 3/16" is so minute that the o-rings in the fittings make up the difference. The 1/4 that Charly suggested is more common though.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 08:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry I didn't mention that...but snowtow is right. Even Parker had a limited selectionof available 3/16" OD tube.

Another option is to get a 1/8" BSPP x 1/4" NPT adapter (for the solenoid) side and with the above info for the bulk head, run barb adapters and regular old big rubber air hose between the two.

Good Luck,

Charly

You say tomato, I say fawk you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode