Is a jeep right for me?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 07:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is a jeep right for me??

THis si going to be my first car and i will be getting one this summer to start rebuilding. I will be using it for mud bogging and mainly the dunes. Will this be good for me? I want a pre 74 jeep so i dont have to pass smog. Are all these really small because this will be my daily dirver and i want to be able to carry friends around.
Is there any way to make a pre 73 cj-5 like a cj-7?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 09:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is a jeep right for me??

I do not think you can have "reliability" (daily driver) in a pre 74 Jeep used for mud boggs and dunes. I do think you are on the right track in getting a Jeep. The pre 74 models (I have two, one for wheelin and one for parts) are old and can be high maintenance vehicles. Parts can be hard to find. If you plan on doing the maintenance and mechanical work yourself it can be a great learning experience. If you don't feel your up to that challenge, shop prices are "expensive". As far as carrying people its ok for short distances, not long hauls. As far as mud boggs and dunes go, if you take it easy and drive it "SLOW" (not like a monster truck) The jeep will last you for a long time. I think you will get more positive feedback on this subject from the rest of the members on this board. Take a look at some of the posts here they will give you a good idea of what your getting into. Good luck.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 09:38 PM
Official Historian

Re: Is a jeep right for me??

The CJ-6 was long.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode