New Jeep in Family - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Jeep in Family

Gentlemen,

Stubbled upon a deal that I could not pass up today. 85 Jeep Cherokee, 4cy TURBO DIESEL, 5 speed, 124,000 miles, 2-door version, new paint, new breaks, new floors, driven dailey, comes with spare alternator, spare, transmission, brand new CenterForce clutch, 8.25 rear??, all for the grand total of $1800, what do you think, good deal?? I think this will be a very unique daily driver and ITS A JEEP!!. Parts are not a problem, this guy has great connections and is willing to hook me up, as well loan me any special tooling that I need to do any work that may come up. He is a friend so I know that he will not pull out on me. I have many friends who are deisel mechanics to keeping up with it will be no problem. I guess I will be owning a piec of history as they are no longer going to make cherokees. Just had to share my good fortune with all of you. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!!

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 12:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New Jeep in Family

Congratulations on the new memeber of your family. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tommy B. in AZ -
More Guts than Brains.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] WHASSSUP!?!?!?!?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 12:59 PM

Spare transmission?Are ya gonna carry it around on trail rides just incase yours goes out [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
That sounds like a nice jeep.Is she extra slow?My 86 xj 2.8 was..and I know 4 cylinders are slower..and I hear diesels are even slower

1976 CJ5
SWB BBS Member Page!(exclamation)
http://www.shortwheelbase.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:10 PM

Thats a "neat" eng. I've never seen one before. Sounds like a decent piece.

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No I am not going to carry the spare around with me, actually the closest this one will see to the trails is parking in my back yard and the dirt roads and boat launch at my family's camp. This will be my daily driver and I can't break this one, thats what my Wrangler is for. As far as being slow, if it will do 70 I will be happy, I am never in a hurry anyway. I have driven one before and it wasnt that bad, as a matter of fact, it was very impressive for what it was. I will let you know more after I pick it up. It is on hold with the guy until I sell my truck.

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I believe those are Renoilt(sp?) engines w/ the dreaded Peugot BA/10 tranny. If so, you will need a spare. Could always sell the spare and original...then get a WC T5.

I could be wrong about those things, but It does stick in my mind.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>Barbie drives Wrangler, I got a YJ</font color=green>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well if it is the dreaded puegot tranny then I will have two spares because that is what is in my Wrangler and it is getting swapped out this summer in favor of an ax-15 tranny, besides this thing isnt going to see any any trails and the heaviest thing that it will be towing is my boat (and I can move that around by hand). I have been towing my boat for years with the tranny in my Wrangler and that deals with 32" tires and 4.11 gears and it has worked fine so far.

Kris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode