OBA Manifold - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

OBA Manifold

While checking out all the OBA links, the one thing I found that I didn't care for was how everyone connected everything together. I thought there must be a better way.
Here is my version of it.

I am kinda happy with how it turned out.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now does anyone know where to get some of that red compound that comes on some of the fittings? That stuff seals a heck of lot better than teflon tape!

BigHG
84 CJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OBA Manifold

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Two things that I just cannot abide: sloppy wiring and sloppy plumbing. That manifold is a work of art.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] A pleasure to behold.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Isn't that red stuff just that.....red stuff. It's just another kind of permatex as far as I know.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] BTW....what IS that fitting just behind the female air fitting? Is that the inlet check valve? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Outlet regulator? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

That is the air tool oiler. I will have fittings on the front air bumper and rear air bumper for the tires but I figured I might as well have a designated one with oil just in case I need to cut a few bouders in half with the air grinder. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BigHG
84 CJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Ah.....it all comes clear to me now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 06:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Aluminium...ain't it great, truly a gift from the gods.

Locktite hyd. sealant...good stuff

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Excellent! I am getting some today and losing all the tape!

Aluminum is a godsend. Drills like butter, Taps easily and those little spirals from the drill press are kinda fun[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

BigHG
84 CJ7
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 10:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

For those who don't have access to the proper tooling to make such a work of art there is another option. Northern tool sells an aluminum manifold with five ports on top, one on each end and one on the bottom. It's not as big and doesn't have provisions to bolt it down to a fender, but it definitely looks better than a bunch of brass fittings screwed together. http://www.northerntool.com

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 04:52 PM
Can't Get Enough

Ditto on the Norther Tool manifold. I have it and It works and looks great. Plus it is very inexpensive.

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky & Snow(Skiing that is)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

You really don't need much in the way of tools to do this.

I used a drill press but I bet it would not be hard with just a hand drill and a vice. The hardest part would be drilling in from both ends so the "chamber" would meet in the middle. A tap for the 1/4" npt threads ( $7.00 at home depot), and a 7/16 drill bit. Then you can put everything right where you want it. Piece of cake[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Oh and $6.00 for the aluminum.

BigHG
84 CJ7
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2001, 11:05 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Very nice manifold . I need to build one of these , so what did you do there , just a piece of rectangular aluminum barstock , drill through it and then drill and tap for your fittings ? Looks really good . What is the dimensions of that aluminum you used there ? Thanks

Jeff

<font color=black>Summer is just around the corner [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font color=black>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode