GOOD LIFT DEAL? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

GOOD LIFT DEAL?

I RECENTLY BOUGHT MY FIRST JEEP, A 91 WRANGLER (4.0/5 SPEED) TO TAKE OVER 4 WHEELING DUTIES FROM MY 2000 DAKOTA. I NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR 32-33 INCH TIRES. I GOT ON THE ROUGHCOUNTRY.COM WEBSITE AND FOUND A 3" YJ KIT FOR $389 INCLUDING SHOCKS AND DROPPED PITMAN ARM. THE KIT SEEMS TO BE COMPLETE. THIS SEEMS LIKE A VERY GOOD DEAL. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS KIT ON A YJ, OR WITH ROUGH COUNTRY PRODUCTS IN GENERAL? AND NO, I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A SOA CONVERSION. BOLT-ON ONLY. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT, BE IT POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 07:53 PM
Veteran

Re: GOOD LIFT DEAL?

I didn't have one on my YJ but I did have it on my XJ. I wasn't too impressed with the ride. It was a bit stiff. Spend an extra $100 and go for the Superlift 4". You'll appreciate that ride much better and the kit is pretty much complete.

<font color=red>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it<font color=white>
Semper Jeep<font color=blue>
http://www.jeepgod.net<font color=black>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 09:15 PM

Sorry, no input on the kit; just would suggest you be prepared to swap in longer brakelines and possibly buy replacement bushings. These are things that I needed to do with my lift springs and was unprepared (re: no $$'s) for.

Max

82 CJ, some stuff stock, some stuff not
Have you hugged your Jeep today?
http://members.fortunecity.com/patrol14/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I cant comment on the particular kit your asking about. 8 months ago when I bought my most recent CJ, I thought the springs were sagging on the drivers side. Long story short I found out they were Rough County springs about 15 years old. I went right out and bought new superlift easy ride springs. I put the new in and found the sagging was not the springs but the Jeep itself. After a month I was not impressed and took out the new and put the old rough countrys back in. I like them better 15+ yr springs with an easy 100,000 miles of hard wheeling.

Food for thought

Rich

76 CJ5 304 "its a JEEP thing, I hope you understand"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 07:49 AM
Veteran

I have an early Rough Country 2.5" lift installed by the previous owner. The shocks have Rugged Country printed on them. I'd say it's a little stiff (got better after sway and track bars were off) but the flex surprised me. For a 2.5" it's pretty darn good. These springs had no military wrap, teflon pads or open spring clamps. All these would be highly desirable in a good spring. Also check with them if those shocks are hydro or gas. I think hidros are softer riding.

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,Boomerangs,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Rights F&R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode