is this a good deal? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

is this a good deal?

I am about to buy a Teraflex 3" lift for my TJ and the price is $820 plus ship. It has everything, but it isn't the system. It doesn't have the steering skid plate, brake line extensions, and i don't think the sway bar disconnects are the "new generation" ones. Is this a good price? Will I have to extend the brake lines for this? Sorry, one more question. My 2" suspension now is just a coil spacer and longer shocks. Should I keep the coil spacers in with the new lift and buy shocks for 5" of lift, or should I wait until I get the SYE?

A man's got to believe in something, I believe I'll have another[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 11:40 AM

Re: is this a good deal?

Some people like terra others just think they are for street jeeps. If I were you I'd wait till I got the cash for a sye and then get either the 4" terra kit or the 4.5" rubicon express kit. You are running 35's and these kits would probably let you take out our body lift or with a 4" kit + a 2" body and your 2" spacers you could probably fit 38's or 40's The rubicon express kit isn't cheep at about $1350 (last years price I think) but it includes sway bar discos, coils, bump stops, break lines, a 3" lift front tack bar, rear track bar bracket, t-case lowering kit, lower and uper control arms all around, and longer shocks. This is a pretty complete kit but I'd subsitute in a front heavy duty rear track bar, a rear track bar, and rear break lines. Their 3" kit is much cheeper $850 (last years price I think) and the only thing it doesn't have is a front track bar and only has lower control arms. Look around, the terra kit may not be the best.
Barrelroll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Re: is this a good deal?

Okay, i was wrong. It does come with the new discos, brake lines, and steering skid plate. After shipping it is $880. I found another site that is $899 for the 3" or 4" tera system including shipping. I would probably be happiest if I bought the 4" now and saved up for the SYE. My only problem is I don't have a garage to do the work in. I'm pretty sure I can do the lift with a buddy of mine in a day, but I've never worked on a t-case before. Also, don't I have to install the SYE before I can order the CV shaft so I can measure how long it needs to be? With summer almost here I don't want my Jeep sitting too long. Also, where is the best deals on SYE's?

A man's got to believe in something, I believe I'll have another[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode