D20 Bullgear - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

D20 Bullgear

the machine shop i work part time at just got a gear hobb. we found a different way to make the parts we got it for and are looking for other things to make with it. i have read alot about the D20 Bullgear that is no longer available. i believe it cam in IH applications. does anyone have any information on this gear? a production/fabrication drawing would be great! any other ideas on things to make would be appreciated. i am thinking about making some lunchbox-style lockers too, just need to get the dimensions together. thanks for any info! matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 04:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: D20 Bullgear

I don't know how rare the bull gears are, I've never had trouble finding one. As for the lunchbox lockers they are built from a pretty strong alloy and they are too problematic in my expirence. One of the projects I wish I had the tools and abilities to build is an adapter to put the reduction unit from an old style quadratrac transfer case and put it on the PTO port of a Dana 18 Tcase. Or build and over/underdrive box using gears froma 700r4 tranny. Use the 3.00, 1.00 and .75 gears and put them in between the tranny and tcase. As for rare gears the old Bronco Dana 20 rear slider gears are pretty tough to find. There are reproductions availible but they are too expensive in my opinion. The part#s are 18 8 58 and 18 8 37. They are used to put convert Jeep and scout dana 20s to 2.54 lo range. And on a completely different note the yokes for GM truck 12 bolts went out of production a while back and a getting really hard to find. Then if you're really crafty you could try to figure out a way to put the planitary hubs from a hummer on to a regular 4x4. Those should get you started.
Travis

Jeeps, Jeeps everywhere but not one that runs[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 05:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's the bullgear for a Scout Dana 300 with a manual transmission that's hard to find. The Dana 20 gears are still available.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

anyone know where i can find an production drawing of this gear? would DANA have one? thanks for the info! matt

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 11:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You would probably have to talk to the right person at Dana to get one. A large company like that will guard their product drawings with an armed guard. They feel that it will cut into their exclusivisity(if that is a real word[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]). You could try to see if you could get an engineer on the phone and try to get the drawing for an "old, no-profit product". But a buerocratic salesman/tech support guy probably won't go to the trouble to find the drawings, if he even has access to them.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=yellow>Barbie</font color=yellow> <font color=green>drives</font color=green> <font color=yellow>Wrangler</font color=yellow>, <font color=green>I got a YJ</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode