Watzwith '75 waggy no quadratrac - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Watzwith \'75 waggy no quadratrac

Well, found my front axle - it is attached to an entire Wagoneer - '75 with lockout hubs - no quadratrac - running 360 engine - anyway - talked to the guy on the phone - he didn't know off-hand so here is my question:

Would this have the off-set rear diff like the Quadratrac waggies have - or a centered one since it has the D20 x-fer case (from what I've read)?

I did a search on ifsja site & off-road.com fsj site & didn't come up with an answer. So I thought I'd ask you guys.
-Mel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 01:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Watzwith \'75 waggy no quadratrac

Mel,
My brother had a 75 Waggie that had the TH-400/Dana 20 setup. I don't remember if it had a offset rear or not but I would think that it didn't since it wasn't a QuadraTrac.
I would think that you could use everything that is under the jeep, motor, tranny, transfer, front and rearend.
I have been trying to find one of these for a while now with no luck. Wish I could find one for cheap!!

Ranger

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

That's what I was thinking -that it was the Quadratrac that would make it off-set. BTW - $250 - I think thats a pretty good deal - I'll be really psyched if I can use the front & back - although earlier posts made me think I should get a HD20 anyway.
-Mel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 01:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Think about it this way, with it already having the 5 on5 1/2" wheel pattern you wounld't have to change wheels or anything.
With the HD 20 you would have to change your wheels to the 6 hole Chevy pattern.
If you can get the whole thing for $250 then I would get it for sure. If you are interested in selling the tranny and transfer case out of that waggie please let me know because I would be very interested in it.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

It has the 5 on 5 1/2" pattern - I did not know that! - when did they change to the 6 bolt - also - I ASSume that the front is disk brakes - anyone know if the rear is 11" drum brakes.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 01:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It will probably have disc front and 11" rear drums. They didn't switch to 6 lug until 76. That is when they stopped offering the TH-400/D-20 setup as well I think.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 02:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mel,
It has the centered diff it it's the Dana 20 t-case. The switch to six lugs was made in '74, not '76 as previously mentioned. I have a set of '75 waggie axles and they are indeed six lug. The '75 factory service manual also shows them as six lug.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 05:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

75 wagoneer----6 lugs.. 59" wide.. open knuckle.. disc brakes.. you also had the t-18 option.. t-15A for an option.. standard i believe was the quadratrac..
i seen several with the T-18 in them.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]...

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 05:49 PM
Official Historian

The quadratrac rear axle is indeed offset as the consensus is. But the non quadratrac rear axle is also slightly offset to clear the gas tank. I have a 70 non offset and a 77-79 offset and there is about a 2 1/2" difference in the offset.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 06:45 PM

I have a 74 or 75 cherokee 4 door- I am not sure about the year, and it is at someone else's property right now. But its a 6 lug, d44 front and rear, not real sure about the engine right now(thinking its a 360) t-18(stamped t-18-18 on the side of the case) dana 20(almost positive) and I am SURE that the rear axle is offset to the right about 5.5-6". While we're talking about waggies, is there a way to tell if the t-18 is a 6.3 to 1 or a 4 to 1 first gear without taking it out? This jeep is going to be a donor for a future low buck trail rig-everything that works will be put on an m38 frame with a cj2a body.
Andy

46 cj2a beater/future rebuild project
maybe a trail jeep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode