Where do I find 350 Chevy eng. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where do I find 350 Chevy eng.

Im thinking of putting a 350 Chevy engine into my 94 jeep Wrangler. It only got a 4banger in it and I want to upgrade. I was wondering if they make new engines(that won't break my wallet) or will I just have to get one out of a junk yard and redo it. What big modifications would I have to make? Another qustion is would it be worth it for me to do, ecenomically speaking? I heard somehing about adapters for the transmission and special moter mounts. Do they make these so I can convert?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:26 PM
TEX

Re: Where do I find 350 Chevy eng.

<font color=purple>If you're looking for a "new" engine, try your local Chevy dealer. Beware though that emmissions could be a terrible nightmare in such a new Jeep. You may need to run a significantly newer engine (probably at least a '96 with all the accompaning smog stuff in place) than '94 in order to keep your tailpipe emmissions below the standard of your original 4-popper. All the stuff you'd need for a swap (not counting engine & tranny) can be had from companies like Advance Adapters (hoping someone will put the link in next). Plan to spend a bundle. You might want to look into '96 & up "Vortec" 350's or even '99 & up Vortec 4800/5300/6000's. You can purchase a complete turnkey LS1 (5.7L 345HP) for about $5,500 from your local Chevy dealer.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 06:11 PM
toyatic

it's not the question of where can you find one, it is the question of where can't you find one. Open up a news paper and you will usually see a couple for sale, truck/car traders,and the gold spot junk yards. There is a late model only junk yard by me, that has tons of good engines waiting to be pulled. most have about 20k on them, and are from horrible wrecks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 03:48 PM

You can also order rebuilt ones from your local Autojerks store. I know Autozone will sell you one thats been bored out with a nice cam and all the timmings you could ask for. These are good as they come with warraties [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.advanceadapters.com

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode