New Jeep - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Jeep

Just picked up a brand new 2000 Cherokee in Santa Fe yesterday for work. You know things are alright when your personal
vehicle is a Jeep and you get to drive one for work, too! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now the only problem will be the temptation to go wheeling
when I shouldn't. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Just thought this was worth sharing.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: New Jeep

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] That settles it! I'm deducting our SNOJEEP and all the mods off the income tax[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I er...NEED....yes, that's the word...I NEED a modified Jeep for work,.....yes I do[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]....so it's legal[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]..yes it is...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] made 'em up themselves.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:23 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

HAHA - great deal, Brad. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I rented a 2000 Cherokee while I was in LA a few weeks back. The boss saw my expense report, with the upgrade to 4WD on the rental paperwork, and said, "...Heeeey, what's this?..." [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I said, "No bubble-shaped cars for me, baby!" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

He just laughed and signed my expense report at the bottom.

Pete [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMT,9kwinch,homemade swingout,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI,one moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Pete....don't DO that....my moonbunch[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]is laffing so hard they'll NEVER get any work done! That's good, Pete....real good.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] made 'em up themselves.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:38 PM

SEE, I TOLD YOU STOCK XJ's ARE REAL JEEPS[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 03:16 PM
I Do This For The Glory

We bought our TJ with 6 miles on the clock (road testing). It took 4 months to arrive after we custom ordered it. It was 50 miles home from the dealership, on a Monday, and after test driving it and showing it off, we were in the woods wheeling Tuesday afternoon with 126 miles on the odometer. We now have 74K on it and it still wheels as good today (actually better) as when new. It was well worth the pricetag ($24K) and we have never minded making a single payment. Good luck with the new jeep, I hope you have as much fun with yours as we have had with ours.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-30535-Kimball'sMountain.jpg (45.2 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2000, 02:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]I still remember the first day I brought my TJ home, 9 miles on it, when it hit the driveway, a week later it was caked in mud. My parents FREAKED, they thought I'd broken it! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Two years, 33k and a few dings from trees later and now they LOVE seeing it caked in mud, cuz it pisses off the neighbors [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]Congrats Brad[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Steve
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]<font color=red>J</font color=red>ust <font color=red>E</font color=red>mpty <font color=red>E</font color=red>very <font color=red>P</font color=red>ocket[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2000, 09:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, now my only dilemma is how to get the state to pay for a 6" lift and 33s. Those 2 door Cherokees would make a killer
crawler, not much longer than my CJ-7. I "tested" the 4wd last nite, even with 28" tires it did alright.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2000, 10:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[ongue] You know, Brad....the truth is that those Cherokees ARE a VERY capable off-road vehicle. The new ones like you have weigh about 32-3300, and they can be jacked up pretty easily. Their rigid body helps keep things together, and they have a teriffic engine in the 4.0[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2000, 10:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You lucky dog. The City buys Dodge V6's and they are terrible with gas. I keep tring to talk a TJ or YJ to them but it falls on deaf ears. I still hold out hope. Parks Dept should be in an outdoor vehicle. Envious in Fla>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode