Need Charcoal Canister & Roll-over Valve - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 09:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Charcoal Canister & Roll-over Valve

OK -

I always came from the school of "if you don't know what it is, lose it" as far as emissions type stuff goes...

So now, I have a gas tank with no venting provisions except the cap and that's not getting it. I read up on the stock venting system and figured that all out and have determined that I need to go back to that. There are 3 parts:

1) A liquid check valve that has 2 lines from the tank going in, and one going out. This has a needle and seat assembly that always lets fumes through but never liquid gas. I have one of these and it is in great shape. It goes up in the rear driver's side back in that little box.

2) I NEED ONE OF THESE - PLEASE HELP! The line coming out of the liquid check valve goes into this little thing about the size of a 35 mm film canister with one line in and one line out. This is the Roll-over valve - I guess it does what it's name implies - keeps fuel from going all over the place if the Jeep flips. This also goes up behind the rear wheel-well area and I need one.

3) I NEED ONE OF THESE - PLEASE HELP! The line that comes out of the roll-over valve goes all the way up front into the charcoal canister. Apparently, the fumes can't get through the charcoal, and it smothers the fumes when the Jeep is just sitting. When it's running, it pulls vacuum through this thing and sucks the fumes down into the engine.

I want to put all of this stuff back on and working correctly, but I chucked most of it. I found my liquid check-valve and cleaned it all up, but I need the roll-over valve and a decent charcoal canister from a '79. I know there's plenty of you out there with this stuff laying around who have no interest in it, or maybe it's even still bolted on but disconnected - I'm ready to pay good money for this stuff in good working order. PLEASE HELP! - Chuck :-)

Chuck [email protected]
(410) 620-5248 eve
(302) 282-6609 day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 07:55 PM

Re: Need Charcoal Canister & Roll-over Valve

Chuck
If you get desperate enough,I know the cherokee and other jeeps had the same type of charcoal cannisters plenty of those in junk yards ,I am not sure about the roll over valves though they are different on trucks and cherokees.

Ray
Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
why does everyone ask if I am gonna paint it ?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 07:21 AM

Chuck,

If you find some, let me know, I have been trying to find the same items with no luck[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Lugnut 77 cj5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 07:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've been looking for a roll over valve for a while now. Chysler says they're discontinued. NAPA and the other parts stores don't have them either. If you find a source please let us know.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 08:10 AM
Way Outta Control

Item 1 is a common part... go to the wrecking yard and you should be able to match it up. It's a part used on many Chrysler and non/Chrysler fuel tanks. The problem... getting a grommet that fits the hole in your tank and the valve.

Item 3 is avaliable at the dealer (No aftermarket avalibility that I know of...) for about $60. Usally these things fill up with fuel and saturate the charcoal. When it comes time to draw off the fumes, the carb ends up sucking raw fuel and flooding.

Is the canister full of fuel?

If you shake it can you hear/feel the charcoal bounce around a bit?

If it's full of gas, have you drilled a hole in it, drained it, sealed the hole and retried the canister?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 09:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Chuck,
email me privately at [email protected] I think I can set you up. Tom

76 CJ5 258 w/HEI, 2.5"Lift/Rancho 9000s,T-177/Dana300/Belleview winch.......
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 01:07 PM

e-mail [email protected] he has tons of parts jeeps lying around and could probably pull one and send it to you, tell Him i sent ya.
Barrelroll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode