reman engines - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

reman engines

I found a remanufactured 350 for my Jeep for $850 core. I have a core so that isn't a problem. Has anyone had experience with inexpensive rebuilds like this? It is supposed to come with a 5 year 100,000mile warranty, so I thought that was pretty good. Any input is appreciated.
Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 04:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: reman engines

i have seen both fairly good and REALLY bad.. do a search on this.. we talked about it a few months back

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 07:09 PM

Dan
I put a reman. from pepboys in mine .It wasn't inexpencive about $1200.00 give or take, .But it is in there, it is running ,and I am not mopping oil off my driveway or air cleaner.I did keep the core to have it remanufactured locally sometime in the future,I am not nor do I pretend to be an engine rebuilder I will leave it to people who know what they are doing when I have it done.I had planned to have it done locally but I was running out of time and you gotta do what you gotta do,and I got tired of waiting for my old one to throw a rod or just blow up and leave me in a real bind.
check the place out as good as you can before you put up your cash .see if you know anyone that has delt with them and can give a good reference.Sometime collecting on a great guarentee isn't worth the effort,if it is possible at all.
Check the fine print some may claim your core is not rebuildable so watch the core price to see if it will indeed be cheap if they downgrade it.
good luck

Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 07:16 PM
sas87yj

probably not a 4 bolt main though! never bought one of these rebuilds so dont know. why not have your old one rebuilt? is it a 4 bolt? dont trade it away for a 2 bolt!
steve

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 02:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree on all of the above, DEFINATELY read the fine print. I've called around to a few local machine shops in my area and the "warrenties" I've seen are for like 30 days, some are more, BUT if you modify the engine in ANY way it usually voids the warrenty, like everything else you've put into your Jeep, shop around, there's almost always a better deal and always a worse one...

Steve
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]<font color=red>J</font color=red>ust <font color=red>E</font color=red>mpty <font color=red>E</font color=red>very <font color=red>P</font color=red>ocket[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode