SWAMPERS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 04:40 PM
scram

SWAMPERS

Hey i was wondering if any of you could tell me if the TSL swamper 32"x9.50 is any where neer as agresive as the 34"x9.50. I know what the 34" tire looks like but never seen the 32" tire. How about a pic TY SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 05:22 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: SWAMPERS

Yes, I know a few people running them, they look just like the 34's only a little smaller. Too bad they stopped making the 34x10.5, now that's a nice size.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 07:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if you want aggressive, why go with the TSL?? I have never run swampers but, it seems from looking at the TSL, that you are not buying much more than a good mud tire (like a BFG or Cooper...) Some SX's or SSR's or the boggers are all VERY aggressive. Just an opinion, but the TSL has not lived up to what it is intended to do from what I have heard.

'77 CJ5, D30, 304,T-150,D20,FullFloat+Locked AMC 20, 4" BDS, 35x12.50 15 BFG MT's
Building an AMC 360
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 08:12 PM
scram

are the sx's or ssr's more agresive? I Have always liked the tsl in larger sizes but never run the smaller ones so dont know much about them. SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 08:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Just one question jpthng. How can a tsl swamper be no more aggresive then a bfg or cooper? Not really sure what you looked at but i know the tsl's on my cj are a lot more aggresive then the bfgs.

80 cj7, 304, auto, 33" tsl swampers, 4" softride superlift, warn bellvue winch, custom front winch bumper
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 09:27 PM
Veteran

I agree with pontiac the tsl's are a lot more aggressive then the bfg's and all around a nice tire.

Jeeps are Built not Bought
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

not saying they aren't a good tire. It just seems that for the amount you pay for a tsl versus a bfg, it just isn't worth it. From everything I have heard, they seem to clog just like a BFG or similar mud tire. Its just an opinion, but if I were throwing down the greenbacks and getting swampers, I would avoid the TSL's. Even looking at them up close, they just don't look as good as the sx's or boggers.... IMHO of course.

'77 CJ5, D30, 304,T-150,D20,FullFloat+Locked AMC 20, 4" BDS, 35x12.50 15 BFG MT's
Building an AMC 360
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 09:53 PM

Jpthng, what Swampers are you looking at to say that BFGs are more aggressive? TSLs are the original Swampers, and they have more void area than any other mud tire except the Boggers. Void area is what allows the tires to fling out the mud and self-clean. The TSL-SX tires are wider for the given height, ie 33-12.5x15 is a TSL size and 33x15.5x15 is a TSL-SX size, and the -SXs have the tread that wraps around darned near to the bead. Other than that, they have the same void ratio. Price-wise, the TSLs are less money than comparable BFGs. They are bias ply tires, which give them more sidewall plies and therefore more strength than the BFG radials. In mud, Swampers have no equal. None. Don't get me wrong, BFGs are a good tire, and there are lots of them sold, but mud=Swampers.

Ken

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nicely stated Greencj [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

--Digger--

http://www.users.qwest.net/~ascanlon
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 10:10 PM
I Do This For The Glory

You have obviously never run one or you'd know. I have run both, and there is no comparison between the BFG's and the bias Swampers. As to the SX's, they aren't as rugged as the TSL's. I know they're supposed to be, but look at the stats at http://www.intercotire.com and watch them in action. The TSL has tougher sidewalls (more belts) and deeper tread. The main difference is they're available in different sizes. The SX's are wider and have larger lettering on the sides. As to the price, the 33x12.5 BFG is $142, the 33x12.5 TSL is $133, and the 33x15.5 SX is $183; the 35x12.5 BFG is $155, the 36x12.5 is $159, and the 35x15.5 is $204(April 2001 4WPW ad). Next time you may want to check your facts before slamming an off-road icon. The Swampers are not a compromise tire, they are an off-road tire. As to clogging, I've seen Boggers clogged as well, so no tire is immune.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode