easter run - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

easter run

today i busted knuckles to get ready for the uwharrie run we are planning easter weekend. and i started by grinding my calipers so i could put my new beadlocks and 38's on[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] unfortunately, i took the jeep out and twisted the rear driveshaft in half.. no problem.. i have the one i made!! i put that in and erally stood on it on he road.... and broke off 2 bolts holding the u-joint straps on.. and they were tight. this tossed my conversion u-joint caps in low orbit somewhere and to make it better, the diveshaft telescoped out and twitsted itself in the brake lines.. destroying them. when i limped it back in the garage, i noticed that the wheel was pulled away from the axle(like a bad c-clip but this is a 14 bolt) so i took it apart to find the spindle nut was off... and the spindle was cross-threaded like hell...soooo... after getting familiar with the thread file, i got that situated, and after some choice words, i even got the pinion nut off..(big bastard) i need to drill the yoke out since it has 2 bolt broke off in it..but all the hammering in the world doesnt seem to budge it.. oh well.. i am rambling... i gave up when i couldnt bear the thought of whacking my thumb another time...i'll be on the road tomorrow....but i sure am sore.... the wife keeps saying things like"lets just take the tj"... it's tempting...

~~Elusive~~
http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 06:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: easter run

...Holy smokes!...i should save this one to file, so when something of mine goes bad i can smile and read this...'shesh'...hehe...just kidding at least this didnt happen on the highway somewhere on the way to Unharrie at 60MPH!!!

MARK (OIIIIO) LANGMOTORSPORTS
1977/CJ7/GLASSTUB/460CIFORD/C6AUTO/4"LIFT/33'S
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 07:10 PM

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Wow, not a good day
i was thinking about your shafts, i have a friend (as hard as may be to believe) "jeepinjohn", that had spring wrap so bad he damaged his straps/bolts bla bla bla, i was thinking maybe your wrapping your pinion up and binding something, or maybe it's just torque [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
glad to here you got your new wheels/tire, also i'll be in havelock the wednesday/thursday before easter weekend with 2 38" swampers and some cash.

<font color=red>3/4tonYJ</font color=red>

http://www.geocities.com/yj3qtr_ton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 07:54 PM
Veteran

Hehe, I feel for ya. It looks like we're all at work these weekends getting ready for something. Today I was wrenching and welding (![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]) like crazy. Fixed a broken brake hard line for my buddy. He didn't want to pay $40 bucks for the factory one so we wanted to reuse the old one. Both nuts were seized. No prob, drilled them out. Reflared old line and rebent, installed it. It leaked. More flaring-installing-leaking until we finally got it right. We were almost done. "Let's test it now" he says. Mind you drum is not on yet so he blew the wheel cylinder. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Fixed cyl. and more stuff on brake assembly. Finally done. Onto welding exhaust, hood latch, etc. Meanwhile hard at work on custom bumper/carrier too. I'm trying to get ready for the Big Dogs wheel in Winchester, VA. Gotta get some rocker panel armor on next week! Will it never end?!? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,Boomerangs,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Rights F&R
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 08:00 PM
sas87yj

damn dude that sucks! you had a bad day indeed! in double deed![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] sounds like you are under control. i was wheelin today and my transcase shifter went limp as i was looking up a 4wd only hill that i needed to go up to get out! for a moment there i was freakin but i got the shifter back on. i thought the linkage was f'ed up or worse- the transcase.
steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode