Recovery Equipment. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 01:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Recovery Equipment.

Found another piece of equipment that I shouldn't leave home without. A disposable camera!
I dropped my wife off this morning and decided to "play" with the Jeep for the half hour before I had to be at work. I should have known better by now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I went to play in a familiar spot and decided to take a short cut out through a newly cleared spot where some development is going in the next year. Started out fine, packed dirt, real safe...
Good thing the front bumper sticks out to act as a bridge or I would have sunk my fan into the mud aswel. The front end just suddenly sank into thick, chunky mud. I was going to work so my only recovery tool was the folding shovel strapped to the roll bar. Thank God that off-roaders have a comunity spirit. Acouple guys in a Chev gave me a yank and set my free. Only a half hour late for work and very muddy shoes. If I only had a camera!

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 08:09 AM

Re: Recovery Equipment.

That would have been a cool [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] picture! How did you explain the mud and being late at work? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] "I, um, took a shortcut that wasn't, ah, all that short"?

Ken

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 08:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only excuse.. uhm he drives a jeep [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 11:11 AM
Old Hand

I carry three 35mm cameras with me all the time but every time I get stuck somewhere I allways forget to take pictures until after I'm free[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Donnie

GOD,GUTS and GUNS
MADE AMERICA FREE
I VOTE TO KEEP ALL THREE!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode