Rough Country suspension? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 03:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rough Country suspension?

Does anyone have any experience with Rough Country suspension kits? They're currently running a special for YJs: $389 for a 3" lift, including shocks, U-bolts, and dropped Pitman arm. This sounds too good to pass up but if it rides like an ox cart or doesn't flex well on the trail, then I'm not interested. Thanks for any feedback.

Texas Mojo [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
94 YJ, 2.5, AX5, 231, 4.11s w/EZLockers, 31/10.50R15 BFG MTs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 03:43 PM

Re: Rough Country suspension?

lets assume the shocks are crap, then you end up buying some real good ones, 60 bucks each, then you are up to an extra 240, on top of your 400, so that is 640 bucks. never trust lift kit shocks is what i heard, at least not for the ultimate in ride pleasure, offroad of course, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-ben....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 03:45 PM

another thing, a pro comp 4 inch lift is like $550 I think, that is an extra inch, but those springs are very stiff for a while, mine have a thousand miles on them, and it doesnt seem like they have broken in much at all, and I took them on the L.A. freeway, I thought that would be a good breaking point for them, you know, those lanes being filled up with torn-off 're-treads' and all, as well, as dead bodies, burning cars, and whatever else the best of L.A. has to offer.

-ben....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 04:39 PM
Veteran

I have an old version of the Rough Country, the Rugged Country. Let me just say that I don't need to hit the woods to feel the rugged country side. Just take the highway. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. The shocks are shocking, and the springs are cheapo. Interestingly it does flex pretty good for a 2.5" lift. This is an old version so they may have improved it since.

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,Boomerangs,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Rights F&R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode