Roadless Poll - We need your vote! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
BHT

Roadless Poll - We need your vote!

Here's a poll regarding Clinton's Roadless Initiative. Tell 'em what you think!

<a href="http://www.msnbc.com/news/545197.asp">http://www.msnbc.com/news/545197.asp

BHT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 02:56 PM
jeepfiend

Re: Roadless Poll

I just looked at the poll, and voted myself. I was pleased with what I saw. So far, 75% of the votes are against the roadless initiative. I am originally from Idaho, and this act will absolutely cripple the economy of the affected areas, and will also make it a lot more difficult to maintain and manage our forests. Those lands are public, and should be able to be enjoyed by all, not just a bunch of fuzzy lovin, two-bit bed wetting liberals with their Patagonia fleece and there S#$%#y sandals. Liberals make me soooo angry, they are the most narrow minded unapproachable people in the entire world. They always want to change everything, until it effects their lifestyle. I would venture to say that 95% of those jack-asses that form these initiatives have never even been in a forest in Idaho, unless they are in Sun Valley (Liberal Land). They cry and cry about the environment, but then they go out and buy Ford Excursions, and never even use the thing to its capacity, or even go off road, more than to cut the corner to get to Starbucks. If they are serious, they should quit using all fossil fuels, all forest products, and quit using electricity generated by any of the above, not to mention they shouldn't get hydro power either since all they want to do is take our dams away. We should exile them all to some island with no amenities, and we will see how long it takes the bastards to kill each other. Sorry for the rant, but liberals really make me mad!

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

These Clinton/green policies have already crippled several communities that depended on tourists and/or logging. It just makes me sick. Last month, Boise Cascade announced that they were now closing down their sites in Emmett, and Cambridge (Idaho). This is just the latest two of close to a dozen sites that have already been shut down due the "green agenda". Both of these communities relied heavily on the tax dollars from these large sites. People from both towns have had generations working for Boise Cascade, and now they're being tossed out on their a$$es because of the "environmental plan". These people sit in their homes built with Boise Cascade lumber, eating food that's in a Boise Cascade box, writing/typing/printing on Boise Cascade paper, bitching about what the logging industry is doing to the environment. The environmentalists are doing more damage than anyone. They just don't have any common sense. This is a company that has replanted trees everywhere that they have harvested. Many times they were first in line to replant after fires. Granted this was for their future logging as well, but they are not just "stripping the area and moving on" like the greenies say they are. But you know what, only the people that know what Boise Cascade does understands that this "greenie news" is just $hit that is being spread for the rest of the public that doesn't have a clue. I'm getting off of this subject...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

'56 CJ-5, 283, t-90/d18, 25/44, 32's on 15x10's,no lift yet, cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 05:27 PM
Old Hand

I just came from there and it fell to 73% against.

Donnie

GOD,GUTS and GUNS
MADE AMERICA FREE
I VOTE TO KEEP ALL THREE!!!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 03:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Roadless Poll - We need your vote!

Just voted and still at 73%.. The irony of these polls is that regardless of how many people are for or against something, the media seems to skew their reporting toward the liberal, tree huggin or anti gun crowd. Hope this isn't the same, but from all of the firearm related polls I have ever taken (pro 2nd Amendment stance of course), it seems to be the standard with the media.

None the less, back to the top... hope we can raise it to 80% or better.

BentMetal

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 09:37 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I'll post some pics in the middle of the week, of an "old growth" forest, where it's so thick the trees can't even fall in the woods anymore, creating a hazard and an environment unsuitable even for wildlife. I'll also post pics of a worn down hiking trail IN the national park, where erosion has taken route due to all the foot traffic. Feel free to use these as ammo against any wacko enviro's out there.

I got into it with one of the Navy Base's environmental department employee's (there are 3 of them), about erosion and OHV traffic. He said roads take 100 years to recover back to forest growth. So I told him to show me one, then I'd show him 100 that didn't take 30 years. He said he couldn't think of where any were at the moment. We also discussed erosion, and he mentioned how a little mud that gets trapped in the weeds and trees are the bottom of a hill is devistating. I told him he was full of it, because I have a hill so steep you can't drive up it without a winch, yet since the guy illegally harvested the wood off it 5 years ago, the grass has returned. I also argued that if he wants to save the watershed, find a better way to de-ice the roads than using salt and gravel, which pollute the water 1,000 times more than any 4x4 ever could.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
BHT

Let's keep this going! Our lead has dropped to 72% vs 28%.

BHT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode