Bad Fit on the Sunrider - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Bad Fit on the Sunrider

I just installed a Sunrider top on my '87 YJ. For those who have one, you know that the front of the top snaps onto the header that goes back and forth, that opens the top above the two front seats. Anyway, the snaps on mine do not all line up correctly and do not snap correctly, therefore not sealing against the windshield correctly when closed. When it rains, I get a leak of water down the front of the windshield. Is there anything to do to fix this? Anyone else have this problem? I am going to write to Bestop and see what they suggest but I thought I'd throw it out here first. Thanks.

Donny

1987 YJ 258 I6, 5 Speed, TFI Upgrade, MSD 6A, TFX Exhaust, Smitty Sure Steps, Weber to install when it gets a bit warmer
1999 Cherokee Sport, Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 07:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Bad Fit on the Sunrider

i was shocked because the sunrider i bought fit perfectly on my tj-7 thingy. did you measere corner to corner like the instructions say?? the issue i have with mine is that it's hard to latch it with the roll cage bar in the way.

~~Elusive~~
http://www.jeepgod.net
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 09:15 AM

Quality control. I bought a Windjammer last year and one of the straps with the buckle on it was sewn on backwards. I called the vendor I bought it from and exchanged it for another one...you should've done this immediately. I'm sure you can still resolve the issue, but you may have to go through Bestop to remedy it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 09:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got one for a cj7 and the only problem was the clamps didn't hold the header down tight so I mounted the clamps lower and it's fine now. I think they have a 1-800 number you can call.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode