Just got Corbeau Baja SS seats - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 07:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just got Corbeau Baja SS seats

Since I couldn't find any decent seats in area junkyards, I decided to order some new seats. I was planning on buying some Beard seats, but $$$ was a big issue, and they were going to be about double the price of the Corbeaus. Now that 4WDH starting carrying the Baja SS seats, I decided to take the plunge and order new. They arrived by FEDEX today, and I must say I am very impressed with the seats considering they were $159 each. I haven't got them installed in the CJ yet (the brackets were on backorder), but I did sit in them and they were very comfortable. They seem to wrap around your back and provide alot of lateral support. Construction was also very good. They are vinyl on the sides, bottom, and back, while the seats are fabric. There is a nice logo sewn into the headrest, and the overall impression is very positive for one of the lower priced seats I've found. They are a couple of inches wider than the stock seats, so fitting them with my center Tuffy console might be tight, but I'll just have to wait and see.

If anyone is looking for new seats, I would definitely recommend looking closely at the Corbeau Baja SS. The girl at 4WDH while taking my order actually complemented me on the purchase of the seats, saying there was a pair on display in their showroom, and they were very nice.

Hopefully they will fit up without any problems.

Greg J.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 12:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Just got Corbeau Baja SS seats

Those are great seats...I have those in my Mustang like we talked about before..They will give great lateral support on crawling up the hills!...I bought some of those Summit plastic racing seats little stiff but there water proof in my glass tub... get it muddy...wash da' whole thing!...like to see some pics later!

MARK (OIIIIO) LANGMOTORSPORTS
1977/CJ7/GLASSTUB/460CIFORD/C6AUTO/4"LIFT/33'S
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 05:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Defintily post some pics...please. If you could pay attention to the height of the seat compared with the stock ones. I am having trouble fitting my knees under the steering column in my YJ now that I have Bestop seats. They are way to thick. I was looking at those the other night.

Also, Mudmanic, what is your overall impression of the plastic seats?

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=yellow>Barbie</font color=yellow> <font color=green>drives</font color=green> <font color=yellow>Wrangler</font color=yellow>, <font color=green>I got a YJ</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 07:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've still got the old high-back seats with the brackets (both junk), so I can compare them with the new seats once the new brackets arrive. Can't post pics though; no digital camera or scanner. Seems like all my money goes to the CJ. Maybe once I finish (if ever!) more of my disposable income will be available.

Greg J.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YJason the seats are not bad at all...cheap, waterproof, come in any color, spraypaintalble romoveable covers, lightweight and the help my back out due to the way they are molded to fit!...they are a little hard to get used to though...the molds of the seats rubbed my back for the first couple of days...but now I love them!

MARK (OIIIIO) LANGMOTORSPORTS
1977/CJ7/GLASSTUB/460CIFORD/C6AUTO/4"LIFT/33'S
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2001, 07:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Greg,

I'm looking at those seats also! Could you compare the height of the seat without the bracket. I need some neck support and I was hoping that these seats are higher than stock.

Thanks,

Billy

86CJ, RENEGADE, weber carb, everything else stock w/rust option

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I roughly measured the old and new seats, and they are both approximately 30" from the bottom of the seat to the top of the headrest. The old seats are the high-back factory style. Look at the Corbeau website. They have dimensions on all of their seats.

Greg J.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode