Busted Jeep Lamentation - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 02:43 PM
jeepfiend

Busted Jeep Lamentation

Here it is spring, and all my Jeeps are in non-functioning condition. Just about 9 months ago I sold the runner to get married. I have since acquired two more Jeeps, but neither of them run. Each morning as I drive to work I see those with running Jeeps gleefully darting down the interstate, with their soft-tops gently flapping. One CJ5 in particular appeals to me. It looks like Jeeps I have owned. It doesn't ever seem to want to stay in its lane, always looking for a new trail or 4wd adventure. That is why Jeeps don't steer that well, they are just looking for some place to lock their hubs. Soon, tops will be off with feet happily resting in the door sill as the driver grins all the way down the road. I sit in my Toyota scheming of ways to remove the top, maybe the doors for a month or two. I think the Toyota might just have to go. I know many of these Jeeps on the interstate may never see a genuine trail, and I mourn for these little Jeeps. Certainly the driver knows some of the joy of having a Jeep, but they will never feel the bittersweet feeling that comes from clearing a major trail obstacle, just to find that you have wrinkled your rocker panel. They may never know the joy of a mountain trail with the glass down, and the wind in your face. Maybe I should try to save one of these little city Jeeps so I can again feel the joy of a Jeep in the summer. I know this was long, but I am sure that some of the rest of you with dissambled Jeeps are feeling the same way.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 03:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Busted Jeep Lamentation

Nice little story..............just remembering some of those good hot summer days driving the mountain roads!!

Top Dawg!! Only the Big Dawgs Bark!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode