Off Roading Forums banner

On board Air with my stock A/C compressor

897 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I have an 85 cj with the stock a/c compressor and yes it does work. Is there any way I can turn this thing into something useful because I don't really need airconditioning, okay I do need it but I would rather us the compressor for on board air since I am usually in the middle of no where when I wheel. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can you direct me to any sites? I need specific instructions since I have never really done t his sort of thing before.

Thanks
Tim

Tim 85 CJ-7 2.5 Skyjacker, 2 inch body, Herculiner, Holley carb, 32 Dunlop Muds, HEI

#3 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Taking out air conditioning is BLASPHEMY! Why not just add a second compressor? Go to this site.... http://obiwan@jedi.com......click on Obwan's new toy......click on York on-board air......scroll to Steve Lobel.....and so forth. Once you do that, contact acemek on this BBs and see if he has any of the long stroke Yorks left. You will do this if you have even ONE hair left on....../wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gifwell, you get the idea..../wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Taking out Air Conditioning is, well.....just pure BLASPHEMY!/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

#4 ·
i have air conditioning as well but it hasn't been charged for the last two years. last year there were four days when it would have been nice to have. i'm thinking of getting an arb and there are more than four times a year i'd like to be able to air my tires back up instead of driving slower back to town to air them up. i'm just having a really hard time making the decision to remove the air conditioning.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner

G
#5 ·
Here is the thing about the a/c. One, the control unit is shot and two, half of the stuff I need to make to a/c work is not there. I live in Palm Springs, but hey I can suffer. I didn't buy a CJ to be comfortable. Thanks for the links.

Tim 85 CJ-7

Tim 85 CJ-7 2.5 Skyjacker, 2 inch body, Herculiner, Holley carb, 32 Dunlop Muds, HEI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.