Jeeps have drivers? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Jeeps have drivers?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I was noticing on the thread that began with "Gun Cleaning" that a remark was made which needlessly impugned a Jeep owner's status as a genuine member of the non-yuppie off-road Jeep community. I KNOW,....it's tough to NOT want to run somebody down when you think they are being a smart guy, or like I do sometimes when I think I smell a (shudder) K-l-i-n-t-o-n-o-i-d L-i-b-e-r-a-l. Running someone down, however, on the basis of his equipment, is a risky venture because you can't always know the facts. Jeepchick and I ALMOST bought her a new YJ in '96, and had we done so, by now it would have been a WORTHY JEEP, with a 242 case and just the right mods. We would have felt VERY hurt if someone had mistakenly assumed we were yuppies. After all, anyone can forsake the Klintunoid democrap party on a moments notice and vote for freedom and morality in November. It's a lot harder to swap your Jeep for something different, especially if it's paid for.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] made 'em up themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 10:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Jeeps have drivers?

Easy now Dave[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
HE is my boss you know[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Tell me its a nightmare[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeez Dave, I've been driving an 88 Cherokee for a few years now and no one has mis-took me for a yuppie either. Can't be from the lack of paint, the permanantly mud encrusted aluminum wheels, the rear end forever loaded with axles, trannies, sacks of grain,hunting and fishing gear, ect...must be the NRA sticker in the window! :-)

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 04:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just call me Super Yuppie
http://sonsofthunder4x4.com/photos/john2.jpg

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

John, that looks like John Bull up at Big Bear.

Gary
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 06:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

FNG Looks like a jeep to me[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 07:52 PM
FlMudCJ

A Yj isn't a jeep until its been modified... Personally I call 'em Chryslers... Almost got into a fight one time by calling 'em that.. oh well...

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 09:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

NO, you typed that just a lil bit wrong, A JEEP isn't a jeep, until it's been modified.
Doesn't matter if it's a CJ,YJ, TJ, XJ, ZJ, or even a flat fender.
Ok, maybe not the flat fender, but everyone else.
And on top of that, you have to get it dirty too, otherwise, it's a Car, w/ horrible aerodynamics
BJ

to hell with it, lets go wheelin'
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 09:41 PM

I dont know exactly why everyone bashes YJs so much. Have you ever seen a YJ with no sway bars and trac bars articulate? Mine maxes out the shocks and brakelines, and I haven't even loosened the spring clamps! I've got some 4" extended brake lines to put on, then I'll pull off the shocks and loosen the clamps and show you a YJ with a stock suspension twisting it up!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 11:07 PM
jeeper131

I am the proud owner of a YJ. It looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. The front end is trashed, no radio, no top, and to top it all off...its a beatufiul shade of camoulfage! Its survived a two year backyard storage, a rearend collision with a semi, an engine fire and last but not least, me driving it! If anyone tries to tell me the YJ is a soft jeep I usually just rear-end 'em. It won't hurt me, my hood already looks like its been stored on a driving range. (if anyone takes this as a serious flame, relax, they're all jeeps )

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode