OT - Sleeping w/ a Jeep... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 12:07 PM
JP2LV

OT - Sleeping w/ a Jeep...

Late one night, I just crawled under my Baby to see if anything needed to be tightened, then I tighented a few bolts and adjusted my trans. mount. Then I was so tired that I just fell asleep, right there under my Jeep! It was so great to see the undercarriage of a Jeep first thing when you wake up! Sorry this post is so long, I just really miss my Jeep!

Jon
'95 YJ - 32x11.50 - 4 banger!
I Jeep to Live, I Live to Jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 01:22 PM

Re: OT - Sleeping w/ a Jeep...

been there, done that...sort of. the jeep was on jack-stands. i fell asleep on the creeper between putting all the wheels on and lug nuts finger tight and retrieveing that last lug nut that rolled under the jeep. sometime between then and 7am, i woke up and went in to bed. the next morning i go to the garage and see the jeep on stands, take it down and head for work. about 6 miles into the 25 mile trip, the jeep felt kinda "loose". so i stopped at a gas station to find all 20 of my lugnuts loose. the mechanic said he understood completely and let me use a lift and impact to finish them off. just my little story...matt

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 01:25 PM
Wrangler88

wow! i thought i was the only one to fall sleep on the job!, while putting my exhuast on, and finishing i was doing one more check to make sure everything was on and i fell right asleep on the creeper, and slept for like 4 hours, until i woke up and it scared me half to death, waking up with a car over you isn't that pleasant, then i realized where i was.....

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Remind me never to go on a long trip with you guys.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=yellow>Barbie</font color=yellow> <font color=green>drives</font color=green> <font color=yellow>Wrangler</font color=yellow>, <font color=green>I got a YJ</font color=green>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 03:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can relate to talking to your "baby", but I think this is pushing it! Have you ever considered counseling?

Swavy00

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 03:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is my story: I got up in the morning excited because I was ready to put my lift in. I went out to the shop at 7:00 a.m. and started working. I didn't stop working untill 6:00 p.m. then I sat back ate a little food and drank some beer. Some friends came over to take a look at the jeep ( where were they when I needed them? ) I drank a few more beers with them. They left so I decided to make sure everything was all done and tight. I got down on that creeper, rolled under the jeep, and the lights went out..........The next thing I know is I'm rolling across the shop floor. My wife and my Dad came into the shop and seen me laying there and thought something was wrong with me. Boy did that ever scare the hell out of me!!! Top

Top Dawg!! Only the Big Dawgs Bark!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, beer. That explains it. That is all you had to say.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Passing out on your jeep is another story, one that doesn't need to be discussed here. Man that just gives me the willies.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=yellow>Barbie</font color=yellow> <font color=green>drives</font color=green> <font color=yellow>Wrangler</font color=yellow>, <font color=green>I got a YJ</font color=green>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 04:40 PM
Wrangler88

you think falling asleep under the jeep is bad.. ever fallen asleep while writing a post for the BBS? i've done it before.. i was trying to put something in a way so everyone would understand... this of course was at midnight after a long day of work. and the next think i know my computer was beeping becuase i fell face forward on the keyboard and it kept righting one letter over and over until it ran out of room, and like woke me up, rather than deleting the letter, i just decided not to send it...now that is bad....

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 05:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i was laying under a SOA cj i had a few years ago and i had the driveshaftoff the rear axle.. i was taking it outso i had to lift it with one hand while i took bolts out of the x-fer case end wth the other.. well. it slipped and hit me square in the forehead.. a buddy stopped by a couple hours later and woke me up....then.. more recently, i was tightening some bolts on jeepgods "great pumpkin"...they are huge bolts, and i was jerking my entire 200 pound A$$ into the swing of the ratchet..well.. the ratchet slipped off and really whacked me ... i had to drink about 12 beers before it felt ok.. but i had the bst hangover ever the next AM

~~Elusive~~
http://www.jeepgod.net
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 05:41 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Well, I've talked to my jeep alot, but I've only known her for a year, so I don't know her well enough to sleep with her. lol

Keith

ITS GOOD ENOUGH [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode