Ignition Kill+MFI - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Ignition Kill+MFI

I installed the MFI last year, and love it. I also have the JC Whitney hood lock, which has the ability to ground a wire when locked (For a starter kill). Since I have a 5-speed, I had it hooked up to the ground side of the coil, which worked great. Now since MFI, I am reluctant to do the smae again, due to the computer control. My Question is: Where should I hok this up to disable the ignition system of the jeep? I don't want the starter kill, as it is too easy to bump-start. Any ideas?
TIA!

Scott,
'85 CJ7 'T.H.O.R.' "Take Him Off Road"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 03:27 PM

Re: Ignition Kill MFI

I'd probably either put the kill switch on either the power supply for the computer or the computer ground (I don't see how that could hurt the computer considering the power normally gets switched on when you turn the key anyway)... No fuel, no drive, so that's my vote... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks, but when you kill the computer, it needs to "learn" again, takes about 30 min. It has a hot to the battery.

Scott,
'85 CJ7 'T.H.O.R.' "Take Him Off Road"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 04:16 PM

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I forgot about how those computers need to do their learn thing... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] How about the fuel pump? Same basic thing, can't be push started without that working either... Hmmm How about a combination of weird things like that... Take away the fuel, spark, and start signal from the ignition switch, and it'd be fairly likely to stay where it's put... I believe CJDave mentioned having some tricks he had to keep your Jeep where it is... Hey Dave (or whoever that was that had it), if you're listening, would I qualify to get that info from you? (The basic concept would be about the same in a GM truck as it would be in a Jeep, wouldn't it?) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 05:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I hear you sand guy.......and ....my drive-off prevention can be easily adapted to the in-tank fuel pump as well, AS LONG as the fuel tank has a return line. Have MFI e-mail me and I'll explain it privately. I developed this system for an anti-hijack setup, but it works the same way.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] made 'em up themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode