Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   '52 Willys/Toyota????? (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/6189-52-willys-toyota.html)

Brit 03-24-2000 11:37 PM

\'52 Willys/Toyota?????

Hey folks,
My 15 year old nephew sighted a "for sale '52 Willys Jeep" today and asked me to go look at it with him. The For Sale sign listed the following:

Toyota 4cyl 22R
5spd Toyota Transmission
Toyota transfer case
Toyota front and rear axles with 4.11's
Toyota heater
New 32x9.50 Swampers
5-1/4" shackles(they are looong[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img])
miscellaneous off-road lights, besttop yada, yada, yada

It looked nice with my brother's headlights shining on it, Toyota yellow!!!!
It appears to be a decent restoration on the body, no visible rust in the usual places, durabaked inside and some comfy bucket seats.
Now I don't want to start any Jeep vs. Toyota wars or anything, but I just wondered what you folks might think of this rig for a first Jeep for a great fifteen year old kid. I kinda hate to see a decent, but not great, restoration go this direction but if he doesn't want it or buys it and ever wants to sell it I am all over it.
I haven't talked to the owner yet but plan to tomorrow and he is asking $5500.
We live in Wichita, Kansas. In comparison, usual rust 6cyl CJ's close to stock or with 31's,wheels and maybe a couple of bolt-on tubes, usually go for around $4000 to $6000 if they are good runners. Whaddya'll think? Opinions, flames or freaking out over the Jeep/toyota hybrid will all be considered. Please remember this is a nice kid who would feel great driving a Jeep.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brit [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
85 CJ7 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brit 03-25-2000 06:54 AM

Re: \'52 Willys/Toyota?????

Just bringin' it back up front.

85 CJ7 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brownbagg 03-25-2000 08:26 AM

I own a 46 willy and a toyota 4x4. I think since it is a hybird, if it was chrome plated with a PURFECT body and paint it would be would about $1200 at the most. There is so much rigging in hybirds that they would be dangeous to drive. Now toyota are very good trucks and willy are good vehicle. it is just the mix of both. At $5500 he not thinking about value but what he has in it. Either buy a use toyota are a newer jeep for about $3000 be better.

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>

Brit 03-25-2000 10:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. You make a pretty good point. This nephew of mine is itching to get into a Jeep[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Come to think of it there are a few other Jeeps around for the same money or even a little less that already have some more "usable" goodies installed. Thanks again [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]