Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   polyurethane body mount bushings (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/61391-polyurethane-body-mount-bushings.html)

jeepfreak1 03-14-2001 07:07 PM

polyurethane body mount bushings

I would appriciate anyones opinion on polyurethane body mounting bushings.
how stiff are they ,and do they seam to be worth the money?

<font color=green> JF1 </font color=green>

**DONOTDELETE** 03-14-2001 07:11 PM

Re: polyurethane body mount bushings

The idea of having to change those things less often was well worth the money to me. The ones I replaced were almost non-existent so the ride change was an improvement on my CJ. My buddies YJ had little change in ride after doing a 1" body and poly bushings. Hope this helps

K-16

**DONOTDELETE** 03-15-2001 07:28 AM

It sur took alot of the mysterius clunking out of mine..It felt more like a new vehichle afterwards too!! I highly recomend them myself..

pontiac58 03-15-2001 10:42 AM

I replaced my old rubber ones with poly's. I didnt notice any change other then that they are about 1/2in higher then the old crushed stock ones. Just make sure if you buy a kit that it comes with all new hardware. The kit i bought didnt come with new bolts or the spacers that rusted away on most of my stock ones.

80 cj7, 304, auto, 33" tsl swampers, 4" softride superlift, warn bellvue winch, custom front winch bumper

**DONOTDELETE** 03-15-2001 12:55 PM

FYI, if you are going to get new mounts and don't already have a body lift someone out there, I believe Daystar, is making a reengineered 1" body mount lift. It is made completely of poly(no nylon or aluminum spacers). If you are going to replace the body mounts with poly then you might as well add a little clearance. They will probably add a little more compression too, than regular poly mounts(more material to compress).

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>

LEVE 03-15-2001 01:38 PM

1. Are they stiffer? Yes.
2. Are they worth the money? Yes.

Advantages: More resistant to oils, gas, road salts, etc.
Disadvantages: They squeek... but that's better than clunks.

3. Would I buy they again? Yes, but I hope I don't have to.

LEVE