Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   P.E.T.A. is Wrong (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/6129-p-e-t-wrong.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 03-23-2000 12:24 PM

P.E.T.A. is Wrong

the animal rights group known as P.E.T.A. is out of control...they just recently launched a campaign against milk called "Got Beer?" they CLAIM that milk is disrespecting to cows and that it(milk) really isn't that good for your body, nutritionally. Also, of course, they are against the slaughter of animals for meat consumption. In protest they have dumped truck-loads of manure in the middle of busy intersections, causing traffic jams/accidents, they deface private property with spray paint to write their message on buildings/offices...They are animal rights, radical nuts! They claim a non-violent display of civil disobedience/protest is all right when conveying a political message...but where does it end...isn't the destruction of public and private property against the law?! When was P.E.T.A. raised above the law?! Groups like this really erk me...we need meat to survive, and milk is the most nutricious beverage...they just want to make every animal they see, their pet. If you don't like meat/dairy products don't eat them...but why should we have a radical group out there causing all this disturbance?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]"Jeep"... for President[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Jeepskate 03-23-2000 12:31 PM

Re: P.E.T.A. is Wrong

And now for something completely different... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The_Sandman_454 03-23-2000 12:32 PM

I read about that before... Those PETA people are idiots. However, I haven't heard of the things they've been doing, like the manure and stuff. They must be stopped however. Just like the other environmental wackos. And if Gore gets elected, expect to see A LOT MORE of this crap, because it'll still be legal and SUPPORTED by the Presidency. I prefer orange juice to milk (sometimes), but that's beside the point...

I saw an amusing shirt design before, it said: "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegitarian because I HATE PLANTS!!!"... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's

CJDave 03-23-2000 12:36 PM

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] For the same reason that we can have a lying pervert in the white house. The American people will tolerate it, so it exists. I would have no problem whatsoever plugging any protestor who defaced my property, damaged my equipment, or caused me a loss of any kind. No problem at all. I BELIEVE in protest as far as liberties are concerned. Heck, I was at our State Capital on Tuesday as part of a 1000 person rally against democrat legislated perversion. We did not, however, damage anything, or cause anyone to suffer losses. We are ENTITLED to lawful assembly, but not civil disobedience as the queers who are threatening Dr. Laura Schlessinger or the earth first vandals think they can do. We need a new president......we need it real bad.....and it had better not be another democrap![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] made 'em up themselves.

**DONOTDELETE** 03-23-2000 12:36 PM

I love animals.... their delicious.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
<font color=green>WALSTIB</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

TEX 03-23-2000 12:37 PM

<font color=purple>Actually, P.E.T.A. doesn't believe in us "owning" pets either. The sad part is that even if their efforts are successful, they'll have done nothing for animals. The people who back up their beliefs with their $$$ are the ones who've done the most for animals in the U.S. - mainly, that's hunters, not A.R. groups.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

**DONOTDELETE** 03-23-2000 12:40 PM

Has anyone been arrested for vandalism? Back to Freedom of Speech, they have the right to protest, just as we Jeepers do. If WE were vandalizing the Foresty offices with our messages or trampling the manicured lawns of the Foresty offices, we'd be headed for state lock up right now. Instead we chose to bombard them with phone calls, faxes and emails and IT WORKED! I don't understand why some groups can get away with so much, while others are stricken down the moment they speak up.

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

**DONOTDELETE** 03-23-2000 12:48 PM

What does this have to do with Short-wheelbase Jeep Tech? There's a special board for this type of thing where all of the groups can get involved - let's use it and keep this discussion to a technical nature, shall we?

Chuck Hadley

The_Sandman_454 03-23-2000 01:01 PM

Uh, not to be rude, but it seems like the phrase PETA has nothing to do with SWB Jeeps, right? It's easy to avoid reading it. I can't see where the problem is... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] And by the way, the land use boards get used by only about 4 or 5 (or so it seems) regular people, including myself, cjjeepercreeper, felgin, and a few others... If things like this aren't brought to the regular forums, the majority will have no idea at all about it, which isn't a good thing... We can't use the idea that "what I don't know can't hurt me", because it CAN AND WILL hurt all of us by having that type of attitude... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's

**DONOTDELETE** 03-23-2000 01:12 PM

Its called NOISE to SIGNAL ratio. And lately, the jeep related SIGNAL is getting drowned out by NON JEEP white noise.

At this rate, this forum will become just another Jeep-L type site where the prevelant discussion is about the Jeep Wave and who should or shouldn't wave.. blah blah blah. I don't read SWB Jeeps for non jeep posts.

I guess the bottom line is I agree with the earlier poster. This topic has nothing to do with SWB and really belongs elsewhere.

(PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals!)

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
<a href=http://www.tidesys.com>My jeep page</a>