P.E.T.A. is Wrong - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 01:16 PM
Addict

Re: P.E.T.A. is Wrong

Up until fairly recently I would have referred you to www.peta.org, which was the website for "People Eating Tasty Animals". Unfortunately, due to a lawsuit from the animal rights whackos, the domain name is on hold..... but you can still see the site at http://www.mtd.com/tasty/.

-Dana

ClipclopClipclopClipclopBANGClipclopClipclopClipclop-- Amish drive-by shooting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 03:20 PM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

And your post had nothing to do with Jeeps either, so we go around in an endless circle...

The fact is, if you don't like it, and post to it, YOU ARE NOW PART OF THE NOISE. No matter what you say, you are.

So, the best anyone can do is if they don't like a post on this BBS is to ignore it, and it WILL go away...

See, Chuck's post to this thread added one more, then a reply, then yours, then mine... See where this leads?

I am not trying to be rude, just stating the facts. If you really think this thread is junk - don't reply to this either, or else you have added yet another post, moving it to the top again...

<a href="http://www.tennessee4x4.com/toyota">
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 03:46 PM

Yeah well, this promotion got cancelled by PETA 2 Days Ago. MADD raked them over the coals for promoting drunk driving. That's what I like. Special interest groups fighting themselves. It let's us normal people enjoy life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 03:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bfeller, peta's new cause is to get people to stop using leather. Looks like they'll try any wacko cause.

Gary
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 05:38 PM

I'll show them!! I'm going to order a DOUBLE Wopper with cheese the next time I'm in Burger King!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

It's just <font color=red>GOT TO BE</font color=red> some kind o' meat, RIGHT?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #16 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 07:03 PM

PETA
People Eating Tasty Animals.

I'm a vegetarian once removed, I only eat things that used to eat vegetables.

When they ask how I want my salad, I tell them,
"Left out back. Maybe it will lure in a rabbit so I can have more meat..."

I only eat things that used to have a face...

Mushrooms, onions, Bar-B-Que sauce, baked potato .... All part of the meat group.

If I go more than 12 hours between meals, those right to lifers start to look pretty good....
(with garlic and clam sauce...)

Mammal is a mammal, I don't care...

---------------------------------

I've had a couple of those little loosers act like they were going to spray paint my leather jackets....
They change their minds pretty quick when I direct full, carnivore, top of the food chain attention at them...

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law...
post #17 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 07:04 PM

Hey Gary,
That's an older cause than the Got Beer campaign. Chrissy Hynde from the 'Pretenders' got busted last week at a PETA protest in a NY City GAP. Seems the GAP imports leather goods from India. You know, the Hindu country that believes cows are sacred? Or how about this, a while back, the GAP tried to license the Prentenders song 'Stop your sobbing' for an anti PETA ad campaign. I tell you, things can't get much funnier that whole GAP/PETA thing. What will they think of next? Oh yeah, PETA is going with a Moses ad campaign.
``I said 'Thou shalt not kill' Go vegetarian.''
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/2000...tarians_2.html

post #18 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 07:47 PM

Mushrooms, Onions and Bar-B-Que sauce!!?? Aaron, you're making me hungry![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #19 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

So why to PETA protesters throw paint on people wearing fur coats, but not people wearing leather jackets?

Because its safer to piss off wealthy women than bikers!

PETA people are incredibly stupid. They think fish have individual personalities and hang out with buddies. But you notice the media gives them a lot of attention. What does that tell you about the media?

But they can't possibly tick me off to the point where I switch from beer to milk in protest.

<font color=blue>Bone stock rigs: '81 CJ7, '96 ZJ. Moab every summer!</font color=blue>
post #20 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh my gosh, 5 of the last 70 posts in SWB are not 100% directly Jeep or 4WD related. This is getting terrible, will probably shut the BBS down, and think of all the wasted bandwidth (whatever that is). Personally, I think the whiners who complain about off-topic posts feel uncomfortable with their own feelings on controversial subjects, like maybe they wonder if they might be wrong? My opinion, off-topic catches my eye and I read all of them, maybe only 1/4 of the Jeep posts. Pass the rare ribeye please, or maybe the thick Iowa chop grilled on a sunny Sunday afternoon, then I'll hop in my Willys and go for a cruise. Hope I don't run over a rascally rabbit. Ed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode