Rochester Questions and Advice. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 08:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rochester Questions and Advice.

Well I picked up a Rochester 2GV. I got the carb temporarily hooked up and MAN! My truck is ideling so well![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I am going to weld up the throttle linkage and will take a few pics of it tomorrow at work for all to see. I also have to bend up some fuel line since the 2GV dumps in on the side instead of the front like the Carter.
Here is a pic of the 2GV (on the left) and the BBD (on the right)

Now the question I have.....I know exactly were to hook-up the PCV to vacuum.
(The yellow arrow on the left in the bottom pic)
But I have no idea were the andvance is going to hook-up. I would think to the nipple on the right but that seems to be connected to a small tube that sits at about a 45 degree angle at the mouth of the carb. I would think this is for some type of gas resurculation or something.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] So how do you guys have your 2G plumbed? Thanks

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 11:19 PM

Re: Rochester Questions and Advice.

I hooked up my vacuum advance to that port on the right in your bottom pic. The PCV was the one on the left in your bottom pic(at least that's where I put it). I still qestion if the advance is hooked up right though, It is reading too high a vacuum reading at idle. My carb is exactly like yours and it runs, idles and drives great. I wish I could also find out if that is indeed the correct fitting for the dist. vacuum advance. If you need a new air cleaner housing(I did) then you can just go to Checker Autozone etc and buy an adaptor kit so that you can use any aftermarket aircleaner housing. The adaptor kit was like $6 and raised the housing about 1 inch. I then used a 12" diameter aircleaner and housing which even came with a fitting for the valve cover breather. Good luck and let me know what you find out with the vacuum advance port. I have an active post on this BBS where I asked a similar question regarding the engine vacuum and the dist. advance port.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 09:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I also noticed that there was a good amount of vacuum at that point during idle also. I just finished welding on the trottle linkage and bending some fuel line to fit the dump on the side of the carb. I am going to install it tonight and start to hopefully dial it in. I am curious to see a few others chime in and give thier thoughts.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 10:43 AM
Veteran

i did the rochester conversion a few weeks ago. i was told to plug that port in the front of carb. i also have the pcv hooked up where you said. as for the advance well....i asked that same question b/c when i hooked up the vac gauge to the ports, they all seem too high at idle. this was heavily debated but i still never got a definite answer as to where to hook up the advance. i was told what kind of vac. to hook it to, but not WHERE. good luck finding an answer.

shawn

"Fear causes hesitation and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 10:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you know if this rodchester conversion is emissions legal? I have to pass a smog test for inspection. I just rebuilt my carter it does run better but not as well as it could. I still have some adjusting to do, if that is possible.

1990 Wrangler YJ 4.2 6 cylinder 5 speed manual trans, 4 inch pro-comp lift, 32X11.50 Mud Kings, Warn xd9000i winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode