AR/OK BBS RUN - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

AR/OK BBS RUN

The locations mentioned were Poteau, OK; Disney, OK; Cass, AR; and Hot Springs, AR.
I know that Roktoberfest is held in Cass and I found this info on Poteau http://www.4wheelpartsadventures.com...5/boonies.html. Any other ideas on locations? Or more info on the above listed? What time of year would be best?
Here are the people that have shown interest in a trip in this area
77CJ-7--------mild----Heavener Area,OK--Late Summer
gigolo--------both----Poteau/Heavener---anytime
swavy00-------mild
AustinJPR-----wild----Poteau,OK---------Labor Day
JWD
Jay Anger-----mild----Cassville,MO------Late Summer
WILL-----------both----OK,AR,MO---------Labor Day/any day
Blk83CJ7
LEADER
JoeyCJ55------mild----Oklahoma
redbeard-------mild----Heavener Area,OK
jps4ever
CJ-7Sooner
muddynut
RocknCJ-------both-----Poteau/Heavener
***Looks like enough to make two trips at least. Let me now which trip/date/location you are in favor of and I'll keep updating the original post.
Looks like we are getting closer and closer to setting this up. Is there anyone that can't or doesn't want to do Labor Day? If I'm the only one that can't do Labor day, then I'd say make a joint Poteau/Heavener trip Labor Day Weekend. Other suggestions?

K-16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AR/OK BBS RUN

Put me on the interested list!! How about clayton, I hear of people still going up there..Which leeds me to believe it's still open..Never been to poteu though, I heard it was a bugger!! Sounds like fun!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 01:00 PM
Old Hand

sounds good to me. about 4 hours less driving(to poteau) than the badlands i saw someone else talking about. here's a good site for anyone that wants to find out how far any place is from you or for directions to anywhere. You don't need the address or zip, just put in the city, state of each place.
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py

'00 TJ,2" susp.,2" body, K&N performance inject, Gibson Cat Back, D30, D35 w/Super 35 30 spline axle kit w/detroit locker,Jet chip, 35" Super Swampers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 01:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know anything about these, but they are all within driving distance for me. I know JOEYCJ55 is interested, we are probably going to trailer together. Any of these locations is fine with me. As far as when, around labor day would be best for me and that will still be pushing it. My JEEP is in pieces and I am broke, gonna have to do some major scraping together this summer to get everything done. I will be there, I may be riding with someone though.

Swavy00

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 02:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How far am I from there???? Mobile, Alabama.. I think I'm going to have to trailer my poor CJ

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 02:07 PM
Old Hand

according to the site i found at yahoo you are about 700 miles, 15 1/2 hours, from poteau.

'00 TJ,2" susp.,2" body, K&N performance inject, Gibson Cat Back, D30, D35 w/Super 35 30 spline axle kit w/detroit locker,Jet chip, 35" Super Swampers
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 02:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

only 15hours.. not to bad.. I'm about to drive to New Jersey to pickup a Jeep. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] We Jeepers are alittle nuts? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 02:16 PM
Old Hand

did you catch the link i posted above? it will give you directions and all. check it out for your trip to NJ.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought this might be a little far for you muddy. You are more than welcome to split the drive and stay at my place one night then we go the next day together. Looks like I'll have to get my Scout 44s done before this trip. The pics of Poteau and Cass would be a little much for it like it is. Not sure if I can have the Jeep completely ready but I'll go with what I got. My place is definitely a little out of the way but its an option.

K-16
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 05:38 PM

Already got the Memorial day weekend planned for Poteau. Excellent wheeling and lots of good folks there in town willing to help show the way.
When is the SWB BBS run going to happen?

RocknCJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
If it breaks...
Don't fix it !

Build it Beefy 'R [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode