Maine May Mud Madnesss Jeep run! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Maine May Mud Madnesss Jeep run!

Yep, it's scheduled for the 27& 27 of May in Bethel, Maine, and it's for anyone that likes to get dirty. This is not a mud run of sorts, it's a trail ride, 2 day's worth, and it's bottomless due to the frost coming out of the ground. There are a fair number of people that attend, and it's always a good time. Tow hooks F/R are mandatory, but a few other items are recommended, like a minimum of 33's, at least 1 locker, and a winch, otherwise it'll be a drag fest. Last year people were grenading D60's due to the terrain. People bring Willy's, CJ's, and the occasional fully locked M-715. It's a 2 day event with lobster and all the meals provided, only lodging is on your own. Check out http://www.midcoast.com/~jeeps for more info, the ride is limited to 50 jeeps, so register early. There is a fee for the driver and passenger though, it's a paid event sponsored by our jeep club, but everyone that has run it has said they'd pay it again in a minute. If you liked the Jamboree, this is similar except much cheaper, more ruthless trails (same general location, the Jamboree doesn't have access to these trails, so the carnage is unreal), and no tiny jeeps holding the line up. Definitely not for the faint of heart. This run is about as good as it gets anywhere.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 02:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Maine May Mud Madnesss Jeep run!

Hey-Im very interested in getting into your 'club'. I live on cape cod and im still rebuilding my jeep after the accident. After I talk to my brother who has a '78 304/CJ7/4"lift/33's who has a friend and we go up to Maine and New Hampshire twice a years to play around on the 'cat' trails on the loggin' roads. May is goin to be a little to early to get my Jeep done but maybe he can take his...would you allow any other vehicle types for my brothers best friend?!!....

MARK (OIIIIO) LANGMOTORSPORTS
1977/CJ7/GLASSTUB/460CIFORD/C6AUTO/4"LIFT/33'S
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Look at the website for an application. Just so you know, they decided to limit the membership this year, so many people are inquiring about trails to ride on. I don't know if it's been published yet, so you heard it here first. Renewing members get first priority for memberships, then the general population. At $30 a year, it's decent, and our club has easily the most trails in all of New England, and the most ruthless as well, which is why lots of people want in. Once the limit is announced, people are gonna jump at it. I have seen people coming from NY and CT on a regular basis to hit the trail rides. In the summer there are usually 2 per month also, with camping trips, jeep games, and other events.

The club is jeeps only, sorry, we looked at the possibility of other vehicles, but it would mean too much traffic on the trails. All of our trails are on privately owned land, which is fine, but too much tearing them up and we may lose them. We do have a lot though, trust me, and some that can be torn to shreds without any problems. We have lost members due to the jeep only rule, but the club voted on it and the membership has the say, not a panel or board.

Do you know Dave Masters? He lives out there as well and runs a tan cherokee with chrome bumper and 34" Swampers. I think he belongs to the "other" club in Bethel, but they don't have many trails.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 07:55 PM
Veteran

jeepn, I looked on the website but didn't see anything on the 2001 may mud maddness. It sounds like a good time, I was just wondering what the fees are, and when would I have to register by? Thanks Mike

Jeeps are Built not Bought
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Registration is by May 15th, and the fees are $100 for the driver and $50 for each passenger. It's a little pricey, but for 2 days wheeling, all the food (the last 2 years had all the lobster you can eat as well), mechanics on the trail, trail guides, photographers, and videos afterwards, it's not too bad. I e-mailed you the form.

My brother does the website updates, it was just announced in the last newsletter that isn't up yet. I also looked, and am surprised there aren't any pics from last year, only '99. I'll have to let him know to put up some with a link.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode