Unlevel Superlift ???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Unlevel Superlift ????

ok
The superlift is all in and rides great and all but the front is sitting a full 1" higher than the rear.

Here is my question. Does Superlift make different springs for different engines and such? i know OME has different springs for hard tops and softs, etc...

Anyone else with a Superlift Experience this?

Will it settle?

Any ideas? It looks really weird.

Thanks

[b]Boston Mangler
89 YJ With A Bunch Of Goodies
See It At:
http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 08:48 PM
sas87yj

Re: Unlevel Superlift ????

hell i didn't know you were a surveyor did i? rls? i'm registered in cal, nev and az. been surveying for 27 yrs![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]-now about that lift- i just installed an RE 4.5" myself and havn't put it on the road yet. it seems to set level. stupid question but your lift came with front and rear springs, right? you didn't switch them right? mine have 5 leaves in front and 6 in rear.
steve

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 09:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

dont worry that front end will settle over an inch before it is done. Mine has settle about 1 1/2 I would check though to make sure you have the springs on right though. Front to back that is.

80 cj7, 304, auto, 33" tsl swampers, 4" softride superlift, warn bellvue winch, custom front winch bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I recently put a 4" superlift on my YJ. The front on it was about an inch higher also. I've wheeled it pretty good a few times since the install, and it seems to be falling down about right. I've been told it's normal though and it will settle correctly after a few months.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 11:13 PM

I agree, don't worry about it until you break those springs in.
The mill in front creates quite a load and they should settle in.
Yer better off than me cuz my 4" SkyJackers left me with a pronounced forward 'rake' which ain't too good fer fenders ...
Installing a wench and front bumper add a lot up front!
I'm nstalling 5" Nationals now, along with a D44 and hope it will behave and 'stand up' well ...
Yours too ...

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 07:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

unlevel springs!!!

okay, here's my situation... i installed a skyjacker 4" lift on my '86 CJ-7. the only complaint that i have is this, after i get out, the jeep will sit unlevel side-to-side. i've regreased and loosened my shackles (currie) and spring-eye bolts, and checked my shocks for binding. if i shake the jeep from side to side, it will level back out, but this is really irritating!!! i've spent over $1,000 after all was said and done, and i don't think that i should have to shake my jeep to get it to sit level. i've thought that maybe because i don't have charged shocks, (skyjacker hydro) then it won't let my springs return to the correct ride height. hey any info would be appreciated.

zack
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Can't Get Enough

Superlift makes two rates, the softride and the heavyduty. Most commonly the softride is what they sell. I have the 3.5" YJ superlift softride in my CJ and it sags to the back just like yours. Looks like you've got about 1000 lbs in the back. I've had the lift on for two years and it has never straighted out. I never noticed it untill one day when I had 350 lbs of sand blasting sand in the back. I thought it sagged under the weight, but when I took the bags of sand out, it never returned to where I thought it should. It's driving me nuts lately. It really shows up now that I've got 36 inch tires. Take a string and hold it tight from eye to eye under load. Measure the distance from the string down to the center pin on springs. Call Superlift and let them know what the measurement is. I once had a spring that sagged more than the other and they replaced it free of charge, but they needed this measurment for warrenty.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 05:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: unlevel springs!!!

Wow, um, kind of an old thread to be responding to, don't you think, considering two of these guys aren't even with us anymore? [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Can't Get Enough

Good catch! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I didn't even look at the dates.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 04:00 PM

we can't accuse zack of not using the search function. Looks like he dug up a real fossil.
[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode