Interior Storage options? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Interior Storage options?

Ok So the hi-lift and shovel are mounted on the out side of the TJ now I just need to find a place to store my tools, jumper cables, extra fludis, tow strap, and mis. odds and ends. Where does everybody keep this stuff? I'm thinking to mount a couple amo cans on the tail gate to store some of the stuff but do I have more options of where to securly store this stuff out of the way? Has anybody made under hood tool boxes out of pvc? Can I just wrap my strap around my front bumper or will this destroy it even faster? What are some more creative options to stash this stuff?
Thanks,
BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 07:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Interior Storage options?

Make a drawer out of steel tread and use some ball bering sliders, similar box to protect it. Mount it under the rear seat. Just move all the brackets up. Get a lock from your local hardware store. Look at Tuffy's. That should be a great place to store tools.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 11:42 PM

Andy, just have Dad follow you with all that stuff in the Cherokee!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 12:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I like the idea of the "saddlebags" that Bestop sells for the "clean" stuff (jumper cables, tow strap, gloves, extra clothes, etc.)
I also like the ammo boxes. You can get them in all sizes, .30 cal, .50 cal., 20 mm, and even some REALLY big ones. Those are also water tight! I'm going to make a rack that holds a few .50 cal cans so I can somewhat seperate and orginize tools and parts for the trail. Yet still be able to remove the whole rack for the daily commutes.
I've also thought about making some PVC containers that could hold spare front axle shafts & maybe even a spare drive shaft or two that would mount to the frame or bumper.
Hope this gives you some ideas!

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, The body is on the frame now!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 12:51 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

My brother's CJ has a massive body lift, so between the body and the frame he's put some PVC tubing with those screw-in end caps. He keeps his extra axle shafts, and long pry bars in there. Pretty kewl storage with easy access. I like the function of it, but I don't have the room to install it on mine. I'd still like to use the idea.... just haven't figured out how......

DREW
IN2DEEP <font color=red>78 CJ5</font color=red> <font color=blue>302 FORD </font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] <font color=red> T176/D300 REAR ARB 35" BFGS </font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 01:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wrap my strap around the front.. under the rear seat has good storage... There is alot of room under the hood to put tools and junk into Ammo Cans..

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode