Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Never brag on your jeep...
The Jeep was trying to teach you a lesson:
1. Always carry a small piece of wire.
2. Wrap it around the wires on the starter realy, up on the fender
3. Turn the ignition switch to "Run."
4. Open the hood.
5. Use that little piece of wire to jumper 12 volts to the starter relay. This engages the relay and provides voltage to the starter.
6. Work the throttle mechanics by hand, starting the vehicle.
7. When the engine catches... remove the wire, turning off the starter.
8. Bragging Rights Restored!
Ok, now I do this with an automatic transmission in park and netural... You guys with a stick shift will have to throw it in netural, or have some one you TRUST disengage the clutch... I find this step fairly important... or the bragging rights are nullified.