Yellowstone snowmobile ban petition - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yellowstone snowmobile ban petition

I don't know how many of you have noticed, but there is an online petition to stop the snowmobile ban in Yellowstone. PLEASE
take a minute to go there and sign it. Heres the URL, I've had it posted for several days on the Land Use Section, but I haven't
seen many familiar names on the signatures (you can view who signed).
I know this may seem off topic, but snowmobiles, Jeeps, ATVs, there is NO difference.
http://www.petitiononline.com/RSSBRC/petition.html

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Yellowstone snowmobile ban petition

Ok, I signed, and forwarded the link to some friends. You're right, sometimes I miss the "new" links above...

<font color=blue>Jon - YJ94
http://www.obsessiveoffroad.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 10:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I probably should have made it clear, this is different than PJC's link to an MSNBC poll. This is a petition, the link has been on the
Land Use section.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 12:39 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Sorry, great idea. But, my real name & home address on the I-net? Not a chance.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 01:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with you to a point, but this is in my back yard and I'll forget any security fears that I have about the 'net and put my name on it so that they can keep this ban from happening. My kids are too young right now to enjoy a sled ride in Yellowstone, but I want them to be able to ride their own sleds through Yellowstone 4 or 5 years from now. If this ban gets approved, they will never have that chance and I will never have the chance to show them how beautiful Yellowstone is. I've seen it through a car window and from the "walkways" that are provided. It was nice, but it's a hell of a lot better on a sled!

'56 CJ-5, 283, t-90/d18, 27/44, 2.5"(soon), 33's(soon), cage.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 01:45 PM

I signed it... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] That's right, if it's some form of ORV they're banning, it effects all of us (they're that much closer to banning the rest of us)... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 03:53 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>I agree with you guys & appreciate what you're doing. With me having my own race sanctioning body & it's own web site, it'd be too easy for someone with my name & home address to follow my schedule & easily determine when I'd be hundreds of miles from my empty house. Sure, someone could dig around & get that info. But, if they're smart enough to hack in & find that, then I doubt they'd be the type of folks who'd need to worry about home burglary[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 06:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You only have yourselves to blame. If you did not breed like rats, it would never have been a issue. So go and play with your toys in the part of the world you have already paved over.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 06:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

HAHAHAHAAHHA
i wish all the greenies were as ignorant as you!!!
we would have it made!

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 08:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love to jeep, But I believe that they ought to close yellowstone to snowmobiles. Yes it a wild open area that cover with snow so the normal trails marking are hidden. a group of wild unresponsible kids tearing up the country side. The government is not trying to outlaw freedom but trying to protect this lands for year to come. With 4WD most activity is on a path, with snowmobile it everywhere snow is covered. They is no way you can say the whole public is responsible individals. I also think they ought to quit ramming these petition down my throat over every issue, it will never end, it is like brainwashing. I do believe that public land should have some limit controls on its use. But to be clear, I do not like Bill, or Al. I agree with the NRA and I do not hug trees, I eat the fish I catch and all jetski should be burned at the stake.

Flame me if you wish
George

[email protected]

George B Harris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode