BDS Suspension systems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

BDS Suspension systems

I did a search on this bb and didn't find much talk of Big Dicks Suspension systems. Who out there is running with one. Thier cost for a 2 1/2" is about $400. About the same cost as a SkyJacker, Rancho, Pro Comp, all of these that I have seen are about the same price. Old Man Emu is over twice that for a lift! Are they worth it?! What to you think of the BDS System?

Michigan Jeepin Madness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 09:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: BDS Suspension systems

I think that price is way high.....My dad picked up 4" BDS springs from Jim's Off-Road for about 260.00
As far as the qaulity they look real nice. Military wraps on both ends (Main Eye and shackle) They are a little stiffer than the Skyjackers but seem to flex well enough. Also you can't beat the warranty of the BDS!

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 12:06 PM
Addict

I know one person that has one on their cj. It rides a lot worse than a skyjacker. their warranty is great , but it's not worth a weekly trip to the chiropractor. They are made about 20 miles from here. That's all I know about them

If your kidneys don't hurt, it's not a real Jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 05:10 PM

I have been running BDS 4" springs for a year and a half, and I like them. They do have a firm ride, but personally I think that's the way a jeep should ride, at least a CJ. I've gotten several compliments on how well they flex. I'm happy with them and would definately buy them again. I paid 131.20 for two front springs and 159.98 for two rear springs.

Max

82 CJ, some stuff stock, some stuff not
Have you hugged your Jeep today?
http://members.fortunecity.com/patrol14/index.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got the 2-1/2 inch lift, had it on for about 2 years, love it. I also run RS9000 shocks with it, rides good in my opinion. Hey, its not a cadillac!!

'83 cj7
BDS 2-1/2 lift
solid rear axles
HEI, Weber (soon to be 360!!!)
ragtop
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 09:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have BDS suspensions on two of my jeeps ( 78 CJ5 and 83 CJ7 ) both are 2.5 inches . I have run them for about two years with no problems and would buy that brand again .

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 09:22 PM

Been running BDS on my YJ for about 1.5 yrs, 15K miles or so. Paid $430 for the kit ( 4" springs, heckthorn shocks, degree shims for rear, shock boots, bump stops, track rod extensions, all bushings, NO dropped p-arm). I thought it rode a little stiff at first. I took off my front and rear sway bars and that made a big difference in the ride and flex. Would probably buy them again though. After I got some 35's on 8" rims (had 33's on 10's) the ride got MUCH better. I definitely got a full 4" out of mine!
Go for the BDS!
big ed

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Big Ed
<font color=red>'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,35's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c</font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 07:32 AM
sas87yj

ed-
what degree shims did you end up using to solve the driveline angle? did you install an SYE and CV shaft? just curious. thanks
steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode