Where to find a good price on CJ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 09:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where to find a good price on CJ?

Just checking to see if anyone could tell me where to find some good prices on CJ's from late 70's to 80's. I am not looking for something that has thousands of dollars worth of additions, but rather something that I can add and build on myself.

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 09:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Where to find a good price on CJ?

You need a list of options that are the best start for a build-up, That 76' had none of them.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 11:03 AM
Keyboard Implanted

There really are no "good" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]prices on CJ's, at least around here (MN). I paid $2000 for my '83 CJ-7 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Laredo. It's got alot of options, but the body and frame were junk! It had all the parts I wanted though (Dana 300, Automatic, widetrack axles, stock and unmolested, etc.) and thats what a rust bucket goes for around here. I'd pick up a "Truck Trader" magazine from some southern states and check in there. DO your self a favor and get one from down south/out west. I keep kicking myself for not doing that in the first place.

Also, fill out your profile so we can tell where you are from, and what other stuff you are into. It helps us to give better info based on your situation (ie. are you a rock crawler from New Mexico with 20 years of off road experience, or a 16 year old looking for your first jeep?) Nobody is discriminated against around here so you don't have to wory about that.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Good luck in your decision and your quest for a decent Jeep!

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, It's a roller with drivetrain now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 07:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have seen that the Southwestern USA has some good looking CJ's for sale with good bodies. But I believe the southeast has the best(lowest) prices. I didnt catch where you where at. Check ebay motors some CJ's are decent others are smoking dope for the price they want.

If you have access to local 4wd shops and clubs ask around, there is always one for sale.

76 CJ5 304 "its a JEEP thing, I hope you understand"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 01:01 AM
Veteran

The excite classifieds ususually has a decent amount of CJs on it http://www.classifieds2000.com
Also, checkout http://autotrader.com & don't forget about http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com 'cause a lot of people consider these classics. But the best price is the one you just happen to luck into. Good luck.
-Mel

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 01:51 AM

You could always buy mine for cheap
I have to swap in another axle later this week though..but if you are interested she is in pretty nice shape and a 76 cj-5..with a lot of things rebuilt recently.
If you want more info and pics..
email me at [email protected]

1976 CJ5
SWB BBS Member Page!(exclamation)
http://www.shortwheelbase.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 03:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There is a 78 CJ5 with a 4sp in the paper near me (I wonder what type of transmission that is ?!?!?! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]) They are asking $2000. Most of the average condition CJs in my area run around $1500-2000. Some are rusty, some are not.

1978 CJ-5 '<font color=red>Cherry Bomb</font color=red>', AMC 360, SOA, 33x12.5
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 10:38 PM

Where are you at? E-mail or instant message this guy [email protected] he's in indiana and has cj's starting at a little less than a grand and going up pretty high for frame off restored jeeps but none are really all that modified. He's a nice guy that does jeeps most of the year and is a tax guy 4 months of the year so now is his busy season but he still is on every now and then. He might ship, tell him rjsres sent ya.
BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode