painless wiring - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

painless wiring

got to lookin at my project cj7 the other day and the wiring is junk how painless is the wiring harness that painless sells seems like it is worth the money just need to know how difficult it is to install

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 04:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: painless wiring

I put one into my 5. I had no problems. It took the better part of a weekend to remove all of the old and install the new. I am probably a little slow, rechecking everything 2-3 times.

Ouch, that'll leave a mark!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 04:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm right there with you...It took me about a weekend to install one in my CJ7. One thing to watch out for is get the part number of "10110" this is the one with the conectors on it already...it saved a lot of time...and is much more reliable than a job that I could have done...

I got mine from www.summit.com they have free shipping...and it only cost $349.95. Part number PRF-10110

Tucker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

thanxs guys it sounds like the way to go and 4wd hardware has it for the same price now i just gotta get the wife to loosen up the purse strings so i can get it done when the snow melts

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am installing the 10110 kit in my '81 CJ7 right now. It's taking me a little longer because I'm putting on a 'glass body. Also, I'm wiring up a custom dash with Autometer guages plus a chevy 350 under the hood. Most of the wiring is terminated with the proper connectors, and they supply extra connectors for the wires that are plain. Most of the harness is wrapped with plastic wiring loom. It also includes new bulbs for all of the guages and the side marker lights. I am impressed with the kit's quality and it is pretty complete. The kit comes in 3 major sections: engine bay wiring and bulkhead; tub wiring (all the guages, switches, lights, etc) with the fuse panel; and the taillight wiring. Overall it's pretty simple to install; you just have to take time to dress the wires once everything is hooked up.

I've also heard good things on the Centech harness, but I don't have any experience with it.

Greg J.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode