MSD box question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 10:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

MSD box question

Anyone running an MSD box on thier jeep? Was there a noticable power/performance increase? What about milage, did that increase? Thanks

89 comanche 86 comanche 63 wagoneer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 03:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: MSD box question

I put an MSD box in my Jeep about 4 months ago. I could feel a pretty good increase in power for about 30 minutes...Then I was left stranded on the road becuase the MSD turned out to be defective. I returned it for a refund and never got another. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Lessons learned: [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When you hook up the MSD box, use quick connectors on everything in case the box fails, you won't be left stranded. You can just hook up to the old system and be on your way. I may try another MSD in the future because I just put 33s on and the Jeep is a dog, but I'm still a little pissed at those guys for leaving me stranded.....There are some others on here who haven't had any problems with their MSD systems. They should be able to give you some details.

Tommy B. in AZ -
More Guts than Brains.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] WHASSSUP!?!?!?!?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: MSD box question

I have had mine for about 2 years now. The first real modification I made to my YJ. It doesn't dissapoint. Better MPG and more performance(don't think the HP increases that much, but throttle responce is much better).

I have never had a problem with mine. I really think that you had just a fluke problem. I know lots, and I mean more than people that don't drive Jeeps and everyone who puts one on loves it. It is a fav of the local mud boggers(by the way I have to get my YJ ready, one of the local construction companies said that they would sponser me if I decicded to run, they said I might even get a new set of Boggers out of it). I had to turn them down for now, but wait until later on in the summer, look out[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

There are 2 versions that you should consider. The 6 series is the cheaper of the two. With both you will see the same performace gains, but the MSD Offroad is waterproof and vibration resistant. Not much more for the Offroad, I will probably go to the offroad version after the 360 swap and offer my old MSD box here for sale at that time.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode