Personal responsibility...OT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Personal responsibility...OT

I found this at work, so I thought I'd scan it and post it here. Kinda says it all about the state of America today. The author is unknown.

Personal Responsibility

Lets see if I understand the state of personal responsibility in America in the last 20 years.

If a woman burns her thighs on the hot coffee she was holding in her lap while driving, she blames the restaurant.

If your teen-age son kills himself, you blame the rock n roll musician he liked.

If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer your family blames the tobacco company.

If your daughter gets pregnant by the football captain you blame the school for poor sex education.

If your neighbor crashes into a tree while driving home drunk, you blame the bartender.

If your cousin gets AIDS because the needle he used to shoot heroin was dirty, you blame the government for not providing clean ones.

If your grandchildren are brats without manners, you blame television.

And, if your friend is shot by a deranged madman, you blame the gun manufacturer.

And, if a crazed person breaks into the cockpit and tries to kill the pilots at 35,000 feet, and the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the deceased blames the airline.

God bless America, land of the free, home of the blame.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 05:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Personal responsibility...OT

I'm amazed and honestly saddened by the apparent societal acceptance of this practice. What a legecy to leave our children... a new "skill" How to deflect Fault away from oneself. Makes me wonder just where all this Nation wide "deflected" fault/blame is going to finally pool and collect?
Seems to me, the last time it happened, it centered/collected over a select group of unsuspecting people in Germany during the late 1930's and early 1940's.
Man, it would be a damn shame if this time, it happened to affect "Just" the Lawyers in this country, smiliar to how it affected those poor people back there in Nazi Germany. I wonder if this time, they, (the lawyers) would finally accept responsibility for their actions, or try and shift all of it back onto the Goverment for printing money in the 1st place????

DrummondCJ
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 12:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I could go on and on about this, but I won't, You are very right. It would take a book for my opinions on personal responsabilty.

Ray

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 01:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I could also write for hours on this topic. I think I will just keep my mouth shut and not let my redneck show. Most of you probably know by now how I feel.

Swavy00

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
--Ronald Reagan
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 08:24 AM
Can't Get Enough

Sad but true, nobody takes responsibility for thier own actions anymore. I strive to be responsible for everything I do and don't blame anybody for the assonine things I have done in the past or some of the assonine things I will probably do in the future [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

82 Scrambler, 360, T5, D300, 4" SUA, AMC20 w/rear discs and Somers Bros 1 piece axle shafts, D30, 3:73's, and lockers.
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 08:25 AM

Not to be the devils advocate, but it is the Judge or jury(of peers) that actually awards these claims.

Lugnut 77 cj5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode