Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: What the \"NJ\" should be
1. Every thing designed as simply as possible.
2. New parts retrofittible to older models.
3. Field servicable.
4. Use American fastener size.
5. Use ONLY American sub contractors.
6. Make as many bolts and nuts ONE size as possible to minimize tool needs.
7. Make Left/Right halfs of sub assemblies the same, for easier parts ordering and replacement.
9. Overengineer. Buy it once and forget it, unless you want to modify.
10. Selling cost: >$12,000 but <$18,000.
11. I get the delearship and parts/repair shop in Moab!
12. No fancy yearly "upgrades", y'all know that foo-foo used to sell...
13. NO CHROME.
14. Steel Horse forbidden to EVER produce aftermarket parts.
15. Open the aftermarket to encourage sales and modification.
16. Work with the aftermarket for better ideas and incorporate them (can we all say Microsoft and thnings like DOS, DoubleSpace, DriveSpace?}.
17. Seek Military Contracts.
18. Forbid the Military to cut 'em up when surplussed as part of the contract.
19. Make the vehicles avalible in a "Kit" form for DYI's... Jeep in a Box.
20. All dealerships must honour ALL off road warranties regardless of aftermarket add-on's, after all they'd have to be licensed and OK'd.
21. Sell 'em in Olive Drab.... military style.
22. Civilian Market and Military market use the same parts.
23. Fuel Injection, improved with self diagnostic codes for the DYI'r and for Military Field replacement.
24. All vehicles sold MUST include current model year CD of FSM and Parts Manual.
25. Abilities that would make the UniMog blush with shame.
That's all I can think of right now... This is fun!
Looking foward to all your ideas.