HELP! Missing Connection...Please look at your 4.0 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

HELP! Missing Connection...Please look at your 4.0

Okay, I was changing my serpantine belt today(finally got the right one) and I saw a wire bunch that was freely dangling down to the ground. I could of somehow knocked it loose doing my belt, but it looks quite dirty like it hasn't been plugged in. I'm going to try and explain where it's coming from so someone could look at their engine. When looking at the engine, at the valve cover, there is a plastic(I think) cover running the length of the valve cover. At the end of it comes three sets of wires. One goes around the front of the engine and back around to some other places. The other looks like it plugs into the front of the engine, right where the top radiator hose goes into the head. The wire that I can't figure out is the third set, going to the right side of the engine. It's about 2-3 feet long. Please, if anyone has any idea, let me know ASAP. I think my Jeep is still drivable, but I'd feel better having EVERYTHING plugged in right

"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s Soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: HELP! Missing Connection...Please look at your 4.0

Does anyone have a 4.0 that could check for me? I'd really appreciate it!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 01:53 AM

check and see if anything was unplugged from your ac compressor dont know for sure but if needs to plugged in than it should be somewhere near where it ends

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 01:54 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I just ran out and checked my '91 Cherokee 4.0 . One plug that goes to the temp sending unit (thermostat housing) and a larger bundle that dissappears under the intake manifold. I don't have the third set of wires that you described as going around the front of the engine, and it's too dark and too cold to jack up the XJ tonight. I really did hear the wolves howling across the road towards the river (it's 1:00 am now) so I'm stayin' in for the night. If no one has posted back by morning, I'll go out and check where those wires go to under the intake.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, It's a roller with drivetrain now!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Well, if it helps, I don't have A/C. On the left side of the engine(looking at the engine) there are a few plugs that don't go anywhere. I assume those would be for my A/C if I had it? Plus, the are tied up, out of the way. But the plug I'm trying to figure out goes towards the right side, and isn't tied up. I found it just dangling down, practically hitting the diff. I don't think it neccassirily(spelling?) plugs into something down there. It could reach across towards the brake system, or air box, or intake manifold, or etc.... Any more help??

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:02 PM
FlMudCJ

Is it the axle disconnect wireing? Are there any wires going to a fat section of the long axle tube? Does your 4x4 work? Have you tested it in sand/gravel. Do the front tires bite and throw gravel?

'77 CJ-5: 304/T-150/D-20 F-D44 R-9" Power 4 wheel disk, 36X12.5 swampers
bigmudtire
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

No, I found out it's the oxygen sensor. I'm a little upset right now, though. I thought it'd be about $30. It's like $60 for the damn thing!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode