Junkyard wars and the wife[smile] - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Junkyard wars and the wife[smile]

I was just going from the computer to grap a refreshment, and My wife stops me and says "junyard wars is on, have you ever seen it?" This was pretty wierd to me but I said that I had and I was going back to the BBS. Twilight zone time.......Then she said it's pretty good, why don't you watch it with me, I can't believe your missing it. ?????????????? Who are you and what have you done with my wife?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sometimes I think she does things like this just to freak me out. It's not like she doesn't do things with me (and she's a cool jeepchick) it's just not the kind of show that I would guess her to watch.
Any of you have things like that happen to you?

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:16 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Junkyard wars and the wife[smile]

Yeah my jeepwife is really cool with my jeep and supporting my Jeep habit, (hello my name is Kerry and I am a jeepaholic [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]). But every now and then she goes that extra mile and really surprises me by saying things like, you don't have to go with me to the [fill in the blank]wouldn't you rather be working on your Jeep, or hey you look bored, why don't you go buy something for your Jeep, or she comes home with a handful of my favorite cigars just to be nice. Its really nice to have a woman that is so good to me, especially when I look around at alot of my buddies who have wives that constantly rag, and bitch, and gripe at them. Just do the same for her some time... when the country music awards or something she likes is on call her and ask her to sit down with you and watch it....she'll appreciate it. Gawd, I sound like one o' them ther fancyfied counselors or something [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

82 Scrambler, 360, T5, D300, 4" SUA, AMC20 w/rear discs and Somers Bros 1 piece axle shafts, D30, 3:73's, and lockers.
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think it is great when jeepgirls get into that stuff. My jeepgirl at first didn't know much about stuff, even fought with me when i wanted her to go to club meetings. Now she is on my tale to get ready and to get things done on the jeep. I got her to know the difference between CJ5's and 7's. Now she is getting into engine differences and i about have her fully trained in the art of identifying flatfenders. Boy this is great. I am going to keep her for a very long time. I did have here watching the junkyard wars with me, but she got a little bored with it, but hey that can change.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:35 PM

I am lucky, I married my JeepChick. She always goes wheelin with me, is an excellent spotter, and loves the whole "scene" as much as I do.
When I first met her, she drove a Cherokee cause she liked the boxy look, and hated rounded cars.
She helped me do a frame-up rebuild on my jeep, up late nights and early weekends, and I think she did about 99% of the work with the wire wheel and tons of painting little parts. She convinced me to get a 8274 we found for sale in the local paper because it was a "sound investment in the hobby"
Last year we found her a 84 Scrambler to replace the aging Cherokee. It's getting a '99 4.0 engine, and she is picking out her own components, gear ratios, and does a fair bit of work herself. Man, am I lucky or what?
Bob in Ma

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 11:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My warden loves JY Wars, and 4x4 mags, the whole lifestyle, but I kinda have a problem going the other way from a lot of guys...she has no respect for money, she'd spend the last dime on a new set of boggers, or alum cyl. heads, or a new top, she has a list a mile long. I hate to say no to her, but sheesh !
...Last year during the build-up, she came out in the garage (all the time) : ( She organized, and labled and packaged stuff...arghh!
I ended up robbing lugnuts off cars in the driveway, a bunch of components disappeared and never did show up... : (

I'm not complaining, it could be much worse, but it's abnormal behaviour for sure.

If it comes with instructions, then it's not what the pros use.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 11:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good wife. Mine's watching it too, while I'm listening in. Good wife.

Hewgag

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 09:38 AM
jeepfiend

I actually got away with buying a Jeep without telling my wife. She is an athletic trainer, and was on a trip in Vegas for a softball tournament when I found a great little 59'CJ5 in a salvage yard. I tried to leave a message on her phone, but got no response. I couldn't wait and I bought the Jeep, and she wasn't even mad. How cool is that? Then her brother calls me and tells me he found a flattie for me, and she let me buy that one too. I think that it must be the result of her good Wyoming upbringing, and the fact that she understands that man cannot exist on one Jeep alone. We are a rare few who have wifes smart enough to know the wonderful joy that comes from Jeeps. I get misty just thinking about it.
Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My wife is the only reason I got the Jeep! She loves the things and always has. As much as I miss the power and room I had in my full-size, the Jeep is definatly more fun. How many other guy's get to buy yourself a Jeep for Valentines day? She even has her favorite teams on JY Wars.
Show them you care and they'll recipricate double.

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:22 AM

at last i am not alone this behavior in women around jeeps is a strange phenomenon but my wife has it too the first time i met her i was drivin my cj5 she heard it before she saw it and she loved it now i am buying her a house and she is trying to find the money for another jeep jamboree you gotta love it

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode