what bumper/tire carrier?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 08:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what bumper/tire carrier??

I'm thinking of getting a rear bumper/tire carrier for mY YJ. but there is just too many manufacturer's. I was thinking of making one myself and actually designed one out in AutoCAD but don't have the facilities or metalworking skills to do a good job. Anyway anyone got any opinions of which B/TC is best for the $$$. let me know

91 YJ Islander
http://www.geocities.com/tbaker2000_ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:42 PM

Re: what bumper/tire carrier??

I got the 4 Wheel Drive Hardware bumper/carrier, and I think it's awesome, especially considering the fact it cost about $500. It mounts to each frame rail on 3 sides, it sits VERY close to the tub to maximize departure angles, the latch and carrier DOES NOT rattle, the finish is top notch, the hardware is stainless, I think it's one of the best quality products I ever got for my Jeep.
Bob in Ma

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 10:35 PM
Old Hand

Re: what bumper/tire carrier??

The best deal I could find when I bought my bumper/tire carrier combo was J&L 4 wheel drive center in Sun Prarie Wisconsin. It is the swing away type and bolts to the rear crossmember AND has plate that bolt to the frame. I ordered mine with a reciever and the bumper as an air tank for less than $400. The have option for jerry cans, hi-lift mounts and the like. It is one heavy bumper!!!

Their number (if you can't find it the classifieds of your favorite mag) is 608-244-9146. Web page is www.jl4wd.com.

Hank
88 YJ (sort of)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode